Ashes to ashes
[html]

[ooc] -- i thought you'd be there.

o.0

holding daisies, counting stars. -- [bic]

Relief flooded her, and she let her breath escape. Cer hadn’t realized she had been holding it until that moment, fresh air filling her lungs as Colibri’s words filled her ears. Her smile broadened as Colibri’s breath dusted away some of the ash, and Cercelee began to shake, starting at the tip of her nose and allowing the motion to follow through down to the tip of her tail. Like drying herself, the ash and soot like drops of water flew from her pelt and a cloud formed about her. The debris settled, and Cercelee knew she was still covered in dirt, but she could take care of that later, find a stream or a spring and submerge herself until she came out the color of fresh snow. Cer went to work on the remainder of the roe, although she found she hadn’t much of an appetite and could not finish all that was left.

We can leave it, perhaps someone else will come along and need a snack after their escape. The young wolf was eager to be on their way, the mountains weren’t where they were meant to stay, she felt that in her bones. Cer allowed the older female to take the lead, it wasn’t that she wasn’t capable of leading, it just seemed natural for her to allow the other to go first. Neither of them knew what lay ahead, neither had an advantage, but Colibri had lived more years. Colibri seemed a little more concrete than Cer thought herself to be. Cercelee would take life however it came, it did not matter what came she would find a way to make it work. The year old would allow Colibri shape the next few days for her, shape the next few miles they traveled, she could even dictate the conversation for all the difference it would make to Cer.

As they walked in silence, Cer slowly let the thoughts re-enter her head. Too often she functioned on automatic, actions that just came naturally: running from fire, eating, drinking, pissing. Other times she willed her conscious thoughts away, saving them for later, but now didn’t seem like too bad a time to think. They had a plan, which was to keep moving, and so could spare her brain for a while to the ideas that nagged at her from the dark recesses she usually stored them in. Colibri. The name was not common, and it seemed an unlikely coincidence that her old friend and her new friend would share it. Still, never the one to make assumptions, she would provide the pieces and see if Colibri would fit them together for her. To tell you the truth I hadn’t been in Clouded Tears very long before the fire, only a few nights. I had been traveling with my friend Coli before that, we ran into her father... Haku... and she stayed with him, which is why I decided to return to Tears. Wandering seems to be my lot as of lately.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread