Ashes to ashes
[html]

[ooc] -- i thought you'd be there.

holding daisies, counting stars. -- [bic]

Cercelee flicked her velvety ears back in annoyance. As a child in the Clouded Tears lands she had been told that she had looked like the dead female, Ceres, and many who did not know Cercelee herself, assumed the child was of the Sadira clan. It seemed that when a puppy with a darker coat was born into that family they were truly a black sheep, a stranger in their own family. Cercelee wondered what the ratio of Ceres look-a-likes and those with unique coats was in her extended family, was the a difference in who survived the longest, were certain colors back luck? Tired of being a shadow, she wanted to tell Colibri that she was not a living ghost. Ceres had never graced her presence, dead before she had been born, she owed the female nothing. Her father had not had the tell-tale traits of a Sadira family, his eyes had been gray-green, his coat a common gray wolf color. Perhaps his genes had contributed to her eyes and coat, but her mother too had sported a brilliantly white pelt, dazzling blue eyes. None of them had known Lyla though, none of them could make the comparison, and Cercelee didn’t want to point out the fact that her father had picked a mate that looked exactly like his own mother.

Cercelee was past both mourning her parents, or lack of, as well as her dead brothers. The young female no longer skirted the subject, but she also did not relish in reminding herself of their absence. It was just more useless information about her history, it had nothing to do with her person. However if Colibri wished to know, she would tell her, it wasn’t a secret for her keeping. My father was Adrastos, Cercelee paused, she was sure that was the name Colibri had been waiting for. Adrastos was the one who was her connection with the lands they had just left, with the wolves that fled the fire along with Colibri and Cercelee. If not for the male, she wouldn’t be here, she wouldn’t have met Coli or Laruku or Colibri. Yet he wasn’t here, and aside from a name to throw out to curious people, he meant very little anymore. My mother was Lyla, but she’s not living any longer. I had two brothers as well, Tuki and Lisi. I don’t know where Adrastos is any longer, though I am sure that he’s around, somewhere.

Adrastos of course was still living, somewhere. Cercelee did not doubt that for one moment. Always too smart for himself, too resourceful. He had been a hero in her eyes once. Despite how upset he had been, how out of his mind, he wouldn’t let himself fall to a meaningless end. It would take an army to kill her father, Cercelee was sure, but she also knew she wouldn’t be seeing him any time soon. That was fine with her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread