Ashes to ashes
[html]

[ooc] -- i thought you'd be there.

holding daisies, counting stars. -- [bic]

These families are broken. They were, broken in tiny bits that got tossed to the wind and winded up god knows where, but it wasn’t any of Cercelee’s concern. Yes, by blood they might be her family, but those she had never met, she gave no thought to. Those she had met who were gone only received minimal consideration. Cer liked Laruku and Coli, she would think of them fondly, rejoice when they were around, but she couldn’t mope if they weren’t present. Couldn’t spend her whole time wondering why her family couldn’t stay together in one place, couldn’t all be happy all the time. The yearling lived for now, no other time, and she resented the fact that other placed her within such a large group that’s being was so rooted in history. A history Cercelee wasn’t even a part of. Sadira, who are the Sadiras? She wanted to scream that anytime anyone reminded her that she looked like them.

Yet there was no screaming. Cercelee didn’t think there had ever been a time in her life she had screamed. Cried, loudly even, yes, but screamed? No. Anger was never felt, annoyance, resentment, those could run rampant at times, but they were always stuffed back into whatever holes they had crawled out of. Those feelings just didn’t become her, she was a calm creature, cool and collected, and she would remain as such. I don’t even know the Sadiras, I’m not really one of them. Adrastos would be disappointed to hear her speak so of his family, but really, wasn’t it his fault? She had not even know the origins of her name and those of her brothers’ until Laruku had filled in the large gaps, missing chunks of her family ties and their names and what it all meant. Adrastos had chosen to raise his family far from the others, Adrastos had given her no history to their (his) family, he had simply dropped her at the borders of Clouded Tears one day, might as well have sent her down a river in a basket. I would just like it if when others saw me, they saw me. I don’t want to remind anyone of my aunts or uncles or cousins or of her. I want to remind them of me, only they don’t know me, they only know them. I’m not one of them.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread