dog days are over.
[html]

Twila would have been appreciative of Geneva's disposition if she wasn't so anxious about the outcome of her predicament. She stilled the urge to squirm uneasily underneath the older female's eyes and stood respectful and submissive before her. The timber hued wolf listened attentively to the other's words, registering with rapt zealousness the meanings. Phoenix Valley she called it, and her name and rank. Geneva Stockholm, Savant. She bowed her head at Geneva's status and presence, letting the pack name ring soundly within her mind.

Twila's ears perked amateurishly at the information that Geneva was able to accept her, and she felt an overwhelming need to prove herself. She would take down the next deer herself to feed the pack, save a local puppy from burning wreckage and give the utmost leader of Phoenix Valley the most precious herb from the most exotic location to save his or her life to prove that she belonged within this pack! She nodded vigorously to the greyscaled femme's need to know more, willing to give anything and everything to make the cogs of the engine move.

The questions though came to Twila as a surprise - not so much that Geneva asked them as much as Twila couldn't find an immediate response. She shifted on her feet, looking down to the snowy ground as she grasped for straws. "I can..." She started once again, but hesitated. For the moment she felt like she was nothing more than an average wolf, she could hunt and walk and talk and bark and howl. "I can learn." She chose the words carefully, weighing each syllable on her tongue. "I can learn fast. And if I don't know the answer, I'll find it. I want to learn." She spoke with a bit of glint in her eye, nodding with soft satisfaction of her answer. "I might not have very defined skills; I do not know how to fight for myself, and I have yet to really be of importance - but I want to be important."

The next though came at the puzzlement of her. Geneva spoke of these words that were unfamiliar to her vocabulary. "Lupus" and "luperci" so similar in nature, but spoke of great volumes, as well as the legs. She was confused how they walked on "two legs" as she said, as Twila could get up on her haunches if she needed something higher, but didn't know how you could walk upon them. Furrowing her white brow, she swallowed. "I... I don't know what you mean." She said softly, demure and feeling rather embarrassed. "I do not understand these words."

wc xxx

<style>
.twila p {margin:0px 35px 0px 35px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.twila b {color:#9E8054; font-style: bold; font-size:12px; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #663428; }
.twila {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#0b0000; word-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #663428; line-height:11px; width:450px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://hanalways.com/souls/twilaback1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:0px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread