i'm gonna burn this whole world down.
[html]

Figured I'd reply to this now? If not, it can be deleted and I'll reply whenever I've supposed to. This thread and the 'merge' thread are Anya's beginning in using the name 'Anka' so... sorry if the names get slippery. Slight powerplay; Amber, lemme know if it's not okay.

___The fire was consuming so much. In some places, she heard others call out to each other. There was nobody for her to call out to, and nobody to call out to her. Suddenly, something occurred to the girl, and she sped back towards the fire-consumed Clouded Tears. She needed to get Jasper. He might not be okay. What if he was trapped, or too scared to run? She couldn't let her little brother burn. Vaguely, she laughed. Not so long ago, she wouldn't have been willing to call him that, or refer to any of the de le Poer monsters as family. But something like forgiveness had settled over her. It wasn't Jasper's fault any more than it was hers, that Ahren was twisted and sick, or that Damian had been before him. It wasn't either of their faults, the deeds he'd done, and so he was family. He was the same as her, in many ways. Trapped in a name and a bloodline that went against him at every turn. He might need her. Should God exist, may he rest Jasper's soul, because Ahren wouldn't save Jasper any more than he'd save her.

___She was nearly there when she ran into a male. Her eyes widened. It seemed that someone had just left, and she blinked and backed up a second. Someone else. Alive? Apparently, he was still upright. She spoke before she could think, everything swirling, and her voice was muffled against the cloth she held over her muzzle. "You're alive!" She paused, knowing that wasn't what she'd meant to say. "I thought I was the only one," she added, then looked at CT, which was rapidly crashing down. Even if she'd known where Jasper's den was, there was no chance of finding it, let alone finding Jasper alive if he were still there. "I came back for my brother," she said quickly. "Seems, whether alive or dead, he'd be gone by now though." Her voice, as muffled as it was, quavered slightly in fear. "He'll be all right, he's a big boy. We'd best run." All these words were coming out full speed, barely a pause between them, and suddenly, she realised that, care about this male or not, they had to go. Now. And she wouldn't leave anyone behind.

___She grabbed his arm, pulling at him. "I know it's not polite, but wildfires don't wait for manners. I'm Anka. What's your name? Are you hurt?" She hoped not, because wildfires didn't wait for injuries, either, and she wasn't sure she could carry him. It didn't even occur to her that she'd just used her mother's name for her, from when she was younger, before she had become Anya because it was 'more normal' than Anka had been. "Anyone else with you?" She pulled his arm, and they ran. She waited for answers, but they mostly weren't relevant at all. Escape was important. They were escaping. Besides that, everything else was small talk... Maybe to try to put him at ease, or maybe just to make her feel less alone. Whatever the reason, it too was irrelevant.

___The world wouldn't stop. So neither could she.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread