You may not recall calling me
[html]

Post attack tonight >.> Must force self to post at least once in all >< Including my 3000-word-a-post-goal-thread T~T ...I think I need some of that rum -.-

Noss could hear the slurr in those words, not to mention the tell-tale sign of broken speech. He didn't know how hard the liquor was that Strel had drunk--although the word 'rum' he had come to affiliate with strong--but he almost had to laugh at Strel's explanation. Alaine and Sylvie? Those were two names he hand't heard before. Alright, he'd heard them, but not met the owners. Noss had to take an internal breath, though, subconsciously relieved that Strel's drinking partners hadn't been male. If they had, he would've felt the unnerving presence of jealousy, and he didn't know how that would blow over after he would berate himself relentlessly. "I think if I drank more I wouldn't be able to keep myself in check." Noss was no fool; he knew the effects of alcohol. But as to the full meaning of that statement, he left it up and out for open contemplation. Whatever conclusion Strel drew, he at least hoped it wouldn't be a completely wrong one.

Noss's own ears twitched forward as Strel seemed to take an interest in Ralla's choice. It didn't bother him; not anymore. Secrets and lies seemed so unnecessary, especially since Noss's confession. What did he have to hide? "She's going to stay in AniWaya, but she wants to take go back to the Moon Tribe in the spring, to tell our father her official leave. And then before all that she wants to take a trip to the mountains to see when they'll be passable... She used to make sense," he said while rubbing the back of his head. He was going to continue on that the full truth of what he himself was going to do, but he was...nervous... Despite how much Strel insisted that he would not and did not miss Noss--such as his next words, which made Noss smirk again--he knew that Strel's interest meant concern. And if he didn't care about Noss in the slightest, he would've booted him from the get-go of his confession, courtesy or not. "Of course she'll return, she says. What I have to wonder is if Father will honor her wishes... Well, not to say I won't back her up anymore..." He let that statement hang as well as he saw Strel staring absentmindedly at his hand. After then offering to take the redhead upstairs, he had to wonder if the look in Strel's eyes--so different from normal--was because of the rum or because of how he was feeling...or a little of both.

Strel's adamant refusal made Noss sigh, even though the strong words continued. He just chalked it all up to the rum again. So said, he did a repeat of the day he had confessed to Strel, lifting him and making his way up to his room. It was the same again; beating fists, curse words... And Noss had to argue with himself; why wasn't he just telling Strel about what he was going to do? Was it out of concern that he would react too strongly while drunk? Confident that Strel would wait? Worry that he would be shot down? Told to go home? Noss had never loved anyone but his family; he didn't know how to react to being rejected in such a way. Strel had never said no, hence he still had hope. If Strel ever seriously told him to go home--to leave, never return, never show his face--Noss honestly wouldn't know what to do. Arriving at the doors, Noss settled the drunken body of his first love--such a word still seemed unfamiliar in Noss's vocabulary...--as he went to lock the door again. Wouldn't do for Strel to wander out and about in his state. Oh moon, I'm doting.... I'm doting... He never thought the day would come where he would do that to anyone but Ralla. Strel just had that habit of mixing him up and turning him upside down...

Sitting in a chair that he pulled up next to the bed, the better, more sensible part of his mind--the part that rarely made an appearance--won out on the internal argument, so he decided to tell Strel right then and there what he was going to do. "I'm going with Ralla on the trip to the mountains and back to the Tribe," he said point blank. "I can't just let her take a journey that big by herself... And I have to tell our father about my official leave, too." Turning his head to the side, eager and apprehensive to hear Strel's reaction, Noss awaited the assault of more curses that were sure to come... Or a bedside table. He wasn't leaving the furniture out of the equation yet...

Warrior walks. "Warrior talks." Warrior thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.Fuego b {font-weight:normal; color:#51aa8a; letter-spacing:1px;text-shadow: #a0dfb8 1px 1px 1px;}
.Fuego-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#a0dfb8; text-align:center;}
.Fuego p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Fuego{margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#001926; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... Noss-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #205047; padding: 5px 0px 320px 0px; font-family: Tahoma, serif; font-size:12px; color:#205047; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Fuego-border1 {width:402px; border:1px solid #001926; margin:0 auto;}
.Fuego-line1 {width:200px; border-bottom:5px dotted #51aa8a; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread