Losing everything, so much to gain.
[html]

Sky's all naked under that there housecoat! :o

Sky should've been angry. She should've been angry, upset and.. or... depressed. But she wasn't. Girl sat at home, reading one of her many human-written books. Her mind wasn't clouded this time, and she read it quickly, occasionally pausing to stop and listen to the empty house. That would sometimes bring her to think of how nice it would be to share it with someone, a roomate perhapes... or maybe children, but then she shook it off casually and went back to her book. Eragon was about to become an elf, and she wasn't about to stop now. Softly, outside, the wind whistled against the windows, humming soft flute-like noises at her.

This got her to stop and think a moment. She thought back to the fight she'd had with Orin, the one that left her bruised and battered. That was yesterday. She'd screamed and shouted at the white wolfess in hurt, anger and jealousy. Her heart had been broken again, but perhapes this time, seeing poor Orin in such a state of confusion and regret, Sky had it wrong. Maybe something had happened, and neither partner meant for it. Maybe she'd regretted it, or maybe Orin had just not realized how much Sky cared for him. If she had known, would she have done it? Sky stopped to calmly ponder this, closing her book and setting it back on the shelf.

What about Shawchert? Orin knew how Sky felt about him now. Would she tell him the reason for the fight? Would she tell him before Sky got a chance to sort things out? This brought a nervous pang back into her stomach and she winced. No, Orin was nice enough not to. She'd have been far more understanding if Sky hadn't lost her cool the day before. Orin wasn't the type to be so thoughtless and cruel. That much, the hybrid knew.

Sky's feet moved on their own accord, leading her back out to the front deck, wrapped snugly in her housecoat but nothing else. The day was warmer than it usually was this time of year. It was still early morning, and the sun was still glowing on the horizon, would be for another half hour or so. It made everything around Thornbury beautiful and peaceful.

She sat in that little wooden lawn chair, pulling the housecoat snug around herself. More thoughts came. I wonder what Shaw was thinking when he found us like that. Does he know I was the one who started it? I didn't mean to.. I still need to apologize properly to Orin. I said sorry yesterday, but I was so spiteful. She grimaced. I was like Dusk. Though Sky loved her sister dearly, she didn't ever want to be like her. The older wolfdog was far more tempermental and cruel, quick to jump to a fight, and quicker to end it savagely. Sky was kinder, and Dusk usually said, with a sort of distant tone, that she was more like their father; happy and caring, a lover more than a fighter.

Was she really? Sky wasn't so sure now. So lost in her thoughts, blue eyes gleamed with a dreamy stare, off towards the orange hued sunrise she so dearly loved. ...I'll make things right again. It's the least I can do. If Orin and Shawchert want to be together, so be it. I'll wish them all the best, and stand beside them as a loyal friend they can count on. Thought her mind was in a happy sort of voice, she couldn't help the rejection that welled up inside her chest. ...I wish... I wish that... more than anything, he'll be happy.

<style type="text/css">
.skykfree01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f2f8f6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2e3c4b; }
.skykfree01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2e3c4b; text-align:center;}
.skykfree01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skykfree01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#c2dada; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree01a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #f2f8f6; padding: 130px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2e3c4b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.skykfree01-border1 {width:466px; border:1px solid #2e3c4b; margin:0 auto;}
.skykfree01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #bacfd2; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread