Of Mice and Men (or wolves and rats)
[html]

The wind started to pick up as clouds crept across the sky. Voron looked at the heavens, trying to judge the severity of the storm.
"I would love to learn low speech," she said. "But I agree that we'd better find shelter first. I don't think it'll be a blizzard, but we wouldn't want to be caught up in it." Voron had lived alone for a while, which had forced her to learned rudimentary weather telling skills. To be caught in the open in the middle of a storm in the far north would have been a death sentance.

The black wolf looked around and quickly found a natural shelter formed by two large rocks leaning against one another. It wasn't perfect, but it would do for a few hours. Heading towards it, she answered the male's question. "I'm from Dahlia de Mai. Before that, I was a loner." She decided not to mention her old pack; she would rather not delve into her past with this stranger. "Thank you for your offer to teach me low speech," Voron said gratefully. She lifted her paw so the rat could climb onto it, then lowered it against her chest so she could shield the small crature from the cold winds. "This rat, I call her Moon. I would love to be able to speak with her.
"

[/html] 

Messages In This Thread