Only Ruins
[html]

OOC 982!

Itzal noticed that Mars did not give anything away while he was talking and said very little. Itzal smiled to himself. He reminded Itzal of himself. Itzal was not usually so social and talkative. He was actually usually anti-social and very solitary. He would always hide his emotions. If he did not want something to show, then it did not show. Itzal was not a very open person. But since he had arrived in Nove Scotia he had decided to try and settle down and open up more. But he still had problems letting people in, or letting them get close. He had good reasons to. Everything he had ever loved or gotten close to were taken from him. So he had closed up, and now he did not trust people. He was trying to get better, but old habits die hard. And his were not just habits, they were his way of life. Itzal did not like letting others close to him because they could be used againsth him, or turn against him, and be a weakness to him. Some people thought it was because he was submissive, but it was not, Itzal was not afraid of others, he would fight and kill, but life had beaten him, and while some may have broken, he did not, he stayed a dominant person, and had adapted. He wondered what had happened to marts to make him wear a mask, to make him so catious and wary. Was he just submissive and scared of others? Or did he just have something in his past that made him not want to get close to others? Maybe it was both, either way, it was not Itzal's place to ask.

Itzal and Mars could probably never be friends, or at least not more then friends. Both of them were to untrusting, and neither of them would ever get a long easily. At least Itzal did not think so. Itzal had been thinking this, and while he thought of how Mars was wearing a mask, he had to respect it, and it did not change how he treated Mars. And Itzal had to admit, he was being talkative to Mars more then he would normally be to a stranger. Part of it was just Itzal confidence that he could be nice and still not let people get close. And if things went bad, he knew he could protect himself. Itzal smirked at himself. And then looked at Mars. Itzal did not look surprised when Mars mentioned knowing Sky and that she was nice "She seemed alright from the few minutes I've talked to her." Itzal could not help but think about when Mars asked him what he was. The way he said it. And the memory that Itzal had seen, the memory he did not know he had. He could not get the face of that wolf out of his mind. That look of fear, of hopelessness that had been on his face. As he asked Itzal what he was right before he died. A part of Itzal wanted to smile at the memory, a cruel smile. It scared him. It sent a shiver through his body that he wasn't sure was obvcious or not. He pushed it down, all of it, the memory, the part of him the was laughing on the inside, the need to cry out and shrivle into a ball. It was scary to him, it freaked him out. He knew it, his greatness weakness, the thing that brought him the most shame, that made him want to run like a scared little puppy, was himself, that part of himself that was a monster.

Then Itzal noticed Mars jaws drop slightly at the prospect of tailoring some clothes for Itzal. Itzal gave his usual smirkish smile when Mars asked what Itzal would give him in return. "Well, I'll repay you in whatever way you need me to. I'm sure I could fine something to repay you with, but I can also do any job you need me to as payment." Itzal was a tiny bit hesitant about letting Mars measure him. He was unsure about letting Mars so close to him, but decided that Mars would probably not attack him or anything. "ok, you can measure me, and I just want two black jeans." Itzal only wore black jeans. And he had to admit, the ones he had now were pretty small on him to. He would like to have some new ones. No doubt it would not be long before they had holes too. He thought of what job Mars might have him do, and if he requested payment in the form of an item, what he could give him.

Itzal was not surprised that Mars said the cold did not bother him. Though he had no way of knowing if it was a lie, and noting seeing a reason Mars would lie to him, took it as the truth. Itzal was also not surprsied when Mars said he was not a tattoo person. Mars did not seem like he ever would really be into tattoos, and Itzal just shrugged it off. But He was surprised when Mars asked if he could skin pelts. Itzal hand Instinctively went to the pouch at his hip that held his knife. He was not great at skinning pelts, but he was not terrible at it. It was one of those things he just did when was needed. He did not see it as a skill, but figured some did. "I can skin, but I'm not very good, It is not something I have praticed. Why do you ask? What would you need me to skin?" Itzal figured they would have to find someother means of payment, seeing as how he would probably mess up the pelts just as much as he would skin them correctly.

<style>
.itzal-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.itzal-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.itzal-d04 b {color:#7DA4DE; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.itzal-d04 {background-color:#1E365A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzal.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#070F1A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; }
.itzal-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread