I caught them barking at the moon
[html]

wc 644

It's not that Tala wanted to be rude, but being serious when she had to be was important, especially with the rank she had as well as the job she had to do with such rank. If she did not do her job when she had to, how could she call herself a pack member? If she just let wolves from other packs, even loners just do as they pleased, what kind of member would she be? She'd hardly be a member at all, and she;d definitely hear about it from more than one mouth. She was not a pup, this was not a game. Tala had to keep the interest and safety of the pack and their belongings in mind at all times when there were strangers on the land, or even at the borders. This woman spoke of being in the pack but Tala had no way of knowing if it was truth or lies unless she had a second opinion, someone who knew the pack longer than she did. She was going by gut feeling here, and sometimes that was the wrong idea. "Even if it was in a cabin unused, being unused. It still belongs to our pack. So that logic really gets you nowhere. Miss Pontiac."

The woman was pleased, that was easy to see as she heard the news that Tala would let her take the pot. Even as bad as this looked, she believed the girl was not fibbing. On her head, Tala hoped she was right. If it got out she had let her take it when it was an actual theft, she'd have her head on the blade for it. Her gut however told her that this was not a petty robbery. In order to just want to steal something as large and heavy as that.... it seemed to be far more work than it's value.

As Pontiac showed her enjoyment in a physical manor, Tala blinked, she was going to hug her? Well, that was unexpected. She stopped however and Tala laughed. Well, she was quite happy about it. That made Tala smile both inside and out. If the woman showed such joy that she could almost not contain it, the fae knew this was so much more than just a pot. It meant something to her, and she had said that. She had cooked for a man, Ty. She could only imagine the sorrow that must fuel the want for that pot back, if she went through all this trouble. "It's alright, and guessing by the way you reacted, I can trust you in thinking that you are not just a theif." She was releaved, having to deal with an actual thief would have been troublesome on many levels, for both parties.

Tala let her body rest against the trunk of an old tree, branches bare by winter and snow blanketing as much of it as it could grasp. Her body seemed to relax, her eyes softened and a smile spread to her lips. She was no longer intent on figuring out what was going on, but enjoying the conversation. "Well, Jefferson is quite the character, I believe everyone has a love for him in an odd.... respectable way." Her throat shook out laughter as she let her hands rest on her hips. "I can see you do, and another reason I'm letting you take it." She nodded to the older woman, as if reassuring her she could take the heavy stone craft with her yet again. "You say you lived here? How long ago was that? Pripyat is far from a pup, he is running with the big boys now. You must have been gone for some time. Why get the pot now of all times?" She was not interrogating her, just curious. Her smile showed it, as did her tone.

<style>
.tala-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.tala-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.tala-d04 b {color:#FCDBEA; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.tala-d04 {background-color:#AE909D; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/tala.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3C2C33; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; }
.tala-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread