I come running back again (leader needed)
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/ ... lTable.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:490px;background-color:#018DEE;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em;line-height:1.4em;color:#000;">

(Word Count: 415)

She didn’t have to wait long for someone to show up, but the wolf who showed up surprised her. She watched as her father walked up to meet her eyes full of surprise and maybe even a little happiness. She hadn’t seen her father in a year and even before that she didn’t really have a good relationship with him. She had always wanted to get to know him and actually be able to call him her father, but she found that he was distant and unreachable bring up walls that no one seemed to be able to get through. Her and him were complete opposites. While she was often carefree, kind, and gentle he was blood thirsty, ruthless, and unpredictable and it didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out. None of his personality had rubbed off on her when she was young and impressionable. That could be because they didn’t hang out or maybe she just didn’t receive any of his personality genes.

A she approached she crouched slightly and lowered her ears. Even though she was only had a small amount of wolf blood running through her veins, her wolf instinct seemed to scream at her in situations like this and she found that it was hard to ignore it. She wasn’t, however, submitting like a wolf would, she was still coyote. She knew some members of the clan expected joiners to submit and some found it as a signs of weakness and disliked it. She knew her father disliked wolves like most in the Inferni and hoped he disliked there traditions too. When he reached her the silence seemed to last forever, but finally he spoke. His words weren’t the friendliest, but at least he wasn’t completely unfriendly. The answer to his question was simple, but she was still surprised that it was her father that had come to answer her howl.

“I want to be accepted back into the pack” she said “I shouldn’t have left before, but I was young and didn’t know any better.” She wished he would understand that she was almost a year older then when she left last and that she had grown up a lot since then. She had seen a lot of the lands east of here and had met a lot of interesting wolves and coyotes alike. It that short period of time she had grown up and was a woman now not a girl like she once was.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread