Birthday Wishes, Apology Kisses
[html]

+796 Happy IC Birthday, Shaw! Big Grin Like the title? It's so random...
...or is it? DUN DUN DUNNN.

Today was a good day. It was sunny and warm for once, and the rain last night had led to a soggy mess of greens and brown in the early morning. Now, though, it had dried up. It felt like Spring had come early, but Sky knew as she sat on her front deck, that this wasn't the case. Sure, it was a great day and all, but there was just one tiny dark cloud hovering over the little wolfdog.

She'd figured it out. Why she'd been sick and lazy lately. Why she couldn't stay mad at anyone. Why she'd stopped fighting Orin back then. Wearing a loose tank-top and some stretchy slacks, girl sat in her wooden lawn chair, eyes clouded in thought. How could it have happened? She'd figured it out that morning when she'd noticed her reflection on the rain-cleaned window. Weight in her family was rare; everyone since 1998 had been twigs, herself included. That, plus the fact that her arms and legs were still the same lean shape as before, told her the hard, unwanted truth.

She was pregnant. Jensen had gotten her pregnant that time. No one could know who the father was. She'd rarely seen him since then, and somehow she doubted he'd play out as a good father. Her first time, and so young, and she'd gotten knocked up. How many weeks now? It had been about ten... maybe eleven days. That meant there was surely a heartbeat by now. Abortion of any kind was long forgotten.

A scent on the breeze. Shawchert's. The thought of his reaction, and how he'd feel about it so soon after they'd made up... it sent a cold chill down her spine, and a hand to her stomach. Who would he be more angry with? Himself, or her? He'd ask who the father was. Would she tell him it was Jensen? As the alpha, and her best friend, he had a right to know, right?

Would it ruin what little relationship they had going for them? What about Orin? She was bound to turn up pregnant. Sky thought a moment. What would the white wolf think, if she knew Sky had done the same thing as her? She'd mock you. You'd deserve it. Sky hesitated as that nasty voice came back. Kill it. They won't notice an extra scar. All you need to do is use a needle. Tiny little pinch. You know how to abort, so do it.

Instinct kicked in, and for the first time, Sky felt able to completely ignore the voice. It vanished, and she sat back, no longer looking as if she'd seen a ghost. Speaking of ghosts.... Out came Jasper through the open door. He moved to the front steps, but stopped at the babygate that was set up. Sky grinned over at him.

"Sorry, buddy. We'll go for our walk later, okay?" She'd put the gate at the top of the stairs to prevent the goat from escaping. She didn't want anyone making a snack of the poor kid, rather preferring her pet alive than barbecued. The distraught goat trotted over to her and looked up at her in disappointment. She leaned over to rub his ear. "I bet you knew already, didn't you? Maybe I knew... but I was in denial?"

Casper clambered onto her lap carefully, and she held him there, happy to run her claws through his fur. "I bet your mother never had to worry about this sort of thing. I wish I were feral like you... you don't have to worry about anything anymore. Just grazing and stuff." She hugged his head to her chest and sighed. "No hunting, no mates, no pups... no drama for you. " She moved his head to face her, and scowled at him, holding his fluffy cheeks. "Do you know how lucky you are?"

With pale eyes, he blinked up at her, then bleated. Sky's scowl faded and she sighed, letting go of his face to pet him again. "I guess you don't understand me. But at least you're a good listener, Casper. Better than some people I know." The little goat bleated again, flicking his ears boredly. "...you don't care, you silly thing. Go eat your kibble." With little effort, she shoved the thing off her lap, and with a disgruntled bleat, Casper went back inside to do just that.

Left alone, Sky leaned on the arm of her chair, ears back, looking midly unimpressed. "It had to be a goat, didn't it? I couldn't get a goldfish or a cat. No. I had to get the danged goat." She turned towards the door and raised her voice a bit, glaring. "And a darn useless goat at that!" Back to pouting. "Stupid goat."

<style>
.sky-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sky-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sky-d04 b {color:#091F2C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sky-d04 {background-color:#6DA2C2; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/skytab.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#20333E; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 240px 0px; }
.sky-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread