Life is a Song
[html]

see my purdy alli table? :3 <3

Element looked down fondly at the words he had written on the ground, wondering where to go with them, when he heard something. Large, cupped ears swiveled forward as his trained eyes picked up a white form moving against the winter forest - something that someone else may not have noticed right away. He breathed in deeply - it was a Dahlian; he had gotten quite used to their scent. The girl walked towards Element, and he smiled in greeting as she told him hello.

He was about to say more when she made to pick him up. He shook his head slightly at her question; "I'm not lost, my dear," he said in a low voice. "And I advise you not to pick me up - my leg has been broken by a horse, and Conor was kind enough to allow me to heal here." He shifted so that his leg did not move, but it was visible with its brightly colored bandages - in the way he was sitting, it may not have been completely visible, and that was understandable. He could understand if this excited young girl wanted to take him home, but that would be impossible with his leg - and even if it was possible, Element would never be content with being a pet. Even now, he longed for his home back in the library, however much he liked Conor.

He knew, however, that it wouldn't do for him to go home now - he wasn't able to even walk around, much less hunt for himself and sustain himself until his leg was better. No, he was very grateful to Conor and his pack for taking him in - he never would have thought that he would accept help from a Luperci six months ago, but now? Now, it was just a matter of who they were.

For example, he knew Conor was a good man - he had not only helped him, but Element had seen the way he treated his pack members. Some leaders may act higher and in total control of their lowers, but Conor had a gentle air about him - he treated everyone the same, even a cat. Element was absolutely not higher up in rank than Conor - they were different species, genuses even - but he still treated him as an equal. And there were wolves like Jefferson, who he had thought was a bad person at first - he had cursed at the cat and threatened to eat his head. But it had turned out that the man was just pained, and after he was better, he was fine. Element knew that no one was perfect; especially not himself. But he also knew that there were good people in the world, and that they didn't all come in feline form.

He looked up at the young girl now - she looked like just a puppy, not much older than a year old perhaps, or even younger. He wondered what kind of person she was - she had been kind and excited so far, but the first impression wasn't always a right one.

<style type="text/css">
.elementfreebee01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c7d0b0; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e3d34; }
.elementfreebee01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3d34; text-align:center;}
.elementfreebee01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.elementfreebee01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#828a6b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebee02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c7d0b0; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3d34; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.elementfreebee01-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #3e3d34; margin:0 auto;}
.elementfreebee01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #c7d0b0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
wc: 516
[/html]

Messages In This Thread