shelter what good i've found
WCC: 345

Kami could smell the sea long before he could see the coastline. The familiar scent of salt and sand filling his sensea as he followed the white wolfess. His dark paw sinking slightly into the sun warmed pebbles as they left the forest behind them. Stepping out onto the beach Kami couldn't help but feel a bit at peace as if the wind had been sent by the sea to just wipe his worries away. He had always felt the most comfortable when walking the shores of his old pack, playing and laughing with his family as pup. The memories were something he would often go back to when he was traveling alone. One of the memories that made him hopeful that maybe one day he could enjoy life as much as he did back then.

Silently he had come to take a seat next to Xeris, his gaze focused on the horizon. Rotating only his right ear in her direction as she spoke of this places name, doing his best to commit it to memory. His tail curling up around his side as it often did when he was around other wolves, the marking on his tail only barely visible as his eyes darted towards the silent female. It seemed pretty obvious to him that she enjoyed this particular place. " I had my doubts, but it feels good being a part of something again." he spoke out loud, as much to himself as to Xeris. He was in no hurry to leave this beach, enjoying the feeling of the surf spraying against his dark fur. " Your scars. . ." his head moving just slightly so that he could get a better look at the wolfess. " You don't seem the type to deserve wounds like those." the words rolled off his tongue with a friendly tone as his eyes narrowed slightly, looking upon what he could only think of as bite marks on each side of her snowy white muzzle. Kami knew that he would have all the time he needed to explore the packlands and that they would remain unchanging. Here, on this beach seemed as good a spot as any to get to learn more about the pack itself. Or at least one of its members. . .

Messages In This Thread