Going through the motions
ooc; I'd be happy to role play with anyone willing to. Smile I meant to post this as soon as I was accepted but I got caught up in my job this past week... ^^'

Life was a mystery to Siku; and at the same time it all made such perfect sense. Breathe, hunt, eat, sleep. Run. Do what comes naturally. After her mother was gone, she continued to live, if what she had ascended into could be called living. Siku was indeed a healthy young wolf, but not in the mind. It had been months since she spoke to another soul, and there were some things that she was prepared for but had to face alone. As a pup her mother explained how things worked, but it hadn't prepared her for the terrifyingly strange changes. The first time she'd changed into her bigger, bulkier form (Siku had no names for her phases) was when she first caught the scent of a brown bear in her travels. Ducking away into a thicket, Siku endured the most pain she'd felt in her life, panic causing her small white body to convulse as it forced upon her a change to save her life.

As the months went by it became easier for the arctic wolf to control when she changed shape, but never-the-less it was a process she hated. First came the trembling, then the convulsing and the muscle spasms. Sometimes it happened when she was scared or angry. Other times it happened like an itch meant to be scratched. Each time she struggled, poor Siku unfamiliar and therefore afraid of the change.
Since being accepted into the borders and pack of Dahlia de Mai, Siku had kept a low profile. She was content to rest and recover from her journey. The she-wolf could also sense that a change was inevitable, and she was apprehensive of being exposed in another form around her new pack members.

'This is natural. This is natural. This is natural.' Siku had wandered away from the town Conor took her to, her bandaged paws silent in the snow as she crept into the darkness. Her movements were slightly jerky as she struggled not to cry out. Why did this happen to her? Why did it hurt to change, and why did it happen suddenly? There was never any warning, just signs that her body needed the phase, like limbs that were stiff from disuse and needed to be stretched.
A soft groan escaped her mouth as she braced her body for the change.

Twenty minutes later, Siku laid in a snow drift as she gasped for breath. She felt as if she'd just run a marathon, on the strange, strange two back legs she could now support herself on. This was what she'd dubbed the third form, the harder change. It hadn't happened as often as the second form had. Siku swept her white fur our of her eyes, the hair disheveled and shaggy due to lack of care. She then curled up into a ball, deciding to rest on the snow bank as she watched for any signs of another wolf around. This weaker, slender form scared Siku, but Conor had assured her that she was safe within his borders. All she could do now, she thought, was wait for fate to bring her another soul to talk to.

Messages In This Thread