Going through the motions
[html]

ooc;; -cuddles crystalee-

Saul could tell immediately that she was startled by his appearance and he gave a soft smile in her direction as he straightened up and sat at her side. Now that her unruly hair was tucked back behind her eyes he could see more of her face and those amazingly complex golden eyes. She watched him for a moment and emerald eyes looked back at her. He noticed that she once again held his gaze for just a fraction of a second before looking away. Saul was not used to the respect others gave him- his rank jump from Spaher to Jager last time he had seen Siku must have showed in his posture or his scent or something. There was no other way to explain how she knew that he had just a little more power than he had when they'd first met. An unruly smile grazed his lips as he watched she became startled, however her tone surprised him.

He had scared her, which was an odd feat for the young Stormbringer. He had only ever scared one other in his lifetime and that was the small black pup Melee had brought home after an unauthorised trip to the neutral lands. He had seemed terrified at first, but Melee had assured him that her uncle was harmless. Saul was not harmless and the skills he had acquired in his life so far were far from docile. But his naturall pacifist nature, although changing in these later months, was something that prevented him from being corrupted by these skills. So he stayed the way he had always been- calm, relaxed and constantly moving. However, her words about it being hard to shift for her made him ponder.

"I am sorry I scared you Siku... It was not my intention. May I ask you a question? Were you born Luperci or were you bitten by one and then you shifted?"

He querried. He had heard of the other ones who had not been born with the genetic ability to shift like he and his siblings had. Of course, you had to be more than bitten if you were to change your genetic makeup. Saul had heard that you had to be severly damaged by a luperci before it managed to change you. Green eyes raked down her body, noticing no large scars that would elicit such an attack. However, as he allowed his eyes a slow motion down her body his teenaged hormones could not help but noticed how exposed she was- she was literally naked out here. It appeared however, that while he was checking her out, her golden eyes had taken stock of him too. Although only in a pair of cutoff trousers and a dark grey vest he was covered, the tight clinging material was doing a good job of showing off his newly acquired muscles. He noticed a slight shiver and glanced down at the satchel he had dropped by the wood. Dipping down he pulled out the crimson cloak he had found on the day at the beach with Gideon. Pulling it out in a flourish Saul draped it round her shoulders before she could protest. A smile was flashed in her direction, but she had asked another question and he felt obliged to answer.

"I'm building myself a house... well a cabin really. I have most of the walls and doorways and windows complete but i need a stable roof. So I found a few beams and thought they would be useful. Have you found a nice place to live yet?"

He querried, wondering what had happened to the young white wolf once she had followed Conor back to the packlands. The ragged bandages around her paws gave him some inclination but Saul had no idea where she had stayed on her first night in Dahlia.

word count;; 642

<style>
.saul-d19 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-d19 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-d19 b {color:#D6ECF8; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-d19 {background-color:#728792; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/saul3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1A2023; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 270px 0px; }
.saul-d19-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread