Going through the motions
ooc; -glomps- :3 Sorry for the disturbingly long post, and the deep drama D: But Siku has to get this off her chest ><

As Saul spoke to the arctic she-wolf, she forced her eyes to glance away from his dark furred body. It was all so strange. Siku felt much more exposed in this form, but she also felt a little closer to the other wolf, as if changing forms had made their second meeting less formal. That, and they were no longer strangers, one at another's border. However, the sub ordinate kept her golden eyes averted from the glowing emerald orbs that stared back at her. For some reason, Siku felt she could not meet his gaze without becoming a little uncomfortable. She reasoned that this was because he was a higher rank, and needed to be respected, but Siku knew Saul would not take offense if she met his eyes as they spoke. It just felt.. funny. Like she probably looked foolish enough at the moment, and didn't want to be seeing his response to her condition, chilling out in a snow bank.

Siku simply sat there as Saul spoke, until the word 'Luperci' touched her ears. In just a moment, the she-wolf's entire demeanor changed in front of him. Sprawled out on the snow seconds ago, relaxed and happy to see Saul, the fragile looking snow wolf was now curled up into herself slightly. There was now a sadness in her golden eyes that aged her, and made her appear more serious than ever before. White bandaged paws held her torso, as if she needed to hold herself together.

This was a question she should have expected. Siku reluctantly opened her mouth to respond, and snapped it shut again as she watched Saul. If a wolf could blush, Siku would have been scarlet all over as she noticed him looking her body over, in turn. She noticed how his clothes hadn't really concealed his form, but rather high lighted his muscular build, and realized as he glanced her over as well, that she was bare. Glad to have her arms around her chest, fluffy rounded ears pressed back against her white head as she cleared her throat awkwardly. His gaze did not last long though, and a soft sigh of gratitude escaped her as he draped the cloak around her. Siku had never covered herself with clothing before; her thick fur sufficing in the arctic cold, but she was now becoming a lady. Siku felt a lady in such a form ought to be.. Less exposed.

Yet another awkward question was uttered from Saul's lips, though this one was an easier one. Where would she live? In all of Siku's life, she had found that she was content to sleep almost anywhere. When she was with her mother, they lived in a proper house; roof and all, but after her mothers disappearance Siku had to make do with the outside world. Under great evergreen trees, in empty burrows, under snow drifts. These were all places Siku liked to doze. In the summer, she remembered laying spread eagle in the sun. Siku believed there was no other Arctic wolf that loved the sunlight as much as she.

"I just... you know. Here and there. Mostly here."

Siku grinned, patting the snow beneath her. Okay, so Siku had no proper home, but she most certainly did not want to bother the Alpha with such frivolous things as having a home, when the little she-wolf could very well find a place to sleep herself. Perhaps she could build herself a neat little cabin, like Saul. But Siku had no patience for such things, and suspected she would end up with a make shift pile of unused timber to burrow under when it got cold.

"About being a Luperci.."

Siku had to explain, but she didn't know how. She didn't want Saul to see her any differently, think her weak in comparison to others, or worse, pity her. For some reason Siku found herself placing great value in his opinion of her. She didn't want anyone in her new pack to have the wrong impression.. Siku was strong willed, soft hearted, and a vicious fighter. She could hold her own. Yet there was a time when she couldn't...

"I was just a wolf, once. No changing shape. I don't understand it either, because my mother was a Luperci. She was really pretty when she was in this shape.. And there were wolves who noticed."

Siku's golden eyes watched Saul carefully, gauging his reaction as she slowly revealed a past she forced herself to forget.

"I was still young.. I can't remember much. I won't get into details either. Pretty much what happened was, one of my mother's psychotic pursuers decided he wanted a taste of an Arctic Luperci.. and her daughter."

Siku flipped her hair in a girly fashion, turning her face away as she did this. Her body rigid and her eyes casted downward, she found that she did not want to see Saul's reaction at all.

Messages In This Thread