Going through the motions
ooc; ^____^

Siku's gaze hardened as Saul spoke, not because of him, but because of what their conversation had lead to. Her ears twitched back as she glanced back at him, her small white hands now resting on her lap. She could trust Saul, the kind wolf who was the first to greet her at the borders. With a soft intake of breath, the she-wolf spoke in a hushed tone that she knew the other wolf would barely be able to hear.

"It reminds me of him..."

She spat the last word, and then began to tremble with anger at the Luperci that ravaged her months in the past. He took her mother, he took her simple life, he took her dignity. Siku could not walk about in her Optime form without being aware that she was a striking image of her mother, and that she was on her two back feet because of a sick night of torture orchestrated by another Wolf of the north. She was ashamed to be beautiful, and her unkempt fur was perhaps a way of rebelling from being the pristine white wolf much like her mother. Though Siku was becoming more and more comfortable in this form, it did nothing to lessen the memory it gave her of the past she wanted so dearly to forget.

Siku sighed again, and waved her hands in front of her body in a sweeping motion with disgust.

"I wasn't born this way, and this was not made possible through a bite... You see no scars. He should have torn me to pieces.."

The arctic wolf shuddered, fighting back the emotion in her voice.. But hiding her emotions was not something Siku was well practiced with. Pain and shame echoed in her words as she wrung her paws and stared at the ground.

"I was... Lucky" Siku grimaced at the word. "Lucky he did not impregnate me."

Siku turned to the other wolf, her eyes wide with raw emotion as she tilted her head downward slightly, looking up at Saul.

"You understand? I'm impure."

Siku's mother spent the next month trying to convince her that this was not the case. Tanaraq felt she failed her duty as a mother, though it wasn't her fault she couldn't stop the monster who got to her daughter. The best she could do was prepare Siku in the aftermath, and try to teach her how to live the complex life of a Luperci. It was in the short span of a few months that her mother taught her to read, hunt, and change form. It demanded all of Siku's concentrated effort and time, learning so much in so little time. It was as if Tanaraq knew she wasn't going to be there long. Often Siku pondered over this.

Messages In This Thread