she had disrobed, and she was waiting on the floor
[html]

SoSuWriMo: 406

She had wandered willingly into this trap. There was no other angle from which to see it. The bait had been set the second that the summer dove had lain eyes on this golden child, and now, it was to be sprung. Whether the cages should break her fluted wings, or whether anon this cage would not constrain, was yet to be seen.

Unwary of this stilted future, the girl allowed her deep gaze to wander back to him; Gently, did Lapis Lazuli graze the panes of a young facade that she would know forever now. He had been her first, and though he would certainly not be her last, he was... Different. She would recall the strange feeling of abject fondness that curled within her, later, with a certain quantity of loathing, and worse, longing.

His reply curved another smile about her impish maw. Pixie face seemed to have regained some of its deviousness, although still it was pinched with the cold and the burden of that unease within. Still it simmered. She shrugged it off, feigning an air of nonchalance. "This isn't an interrogation. I wouldn't ask unless I wanted to know." So secretive, this boy! But perhaps her tone had been too wry, too clipped; To make up for it, she leaned a little more into the warmth of his side, cerulean gaze diverted to watch him. Those bloodrose eyes had yet to meet her own, almost as if the connection would severe whatever it was that held him still at bay.

She sensed a hesitance, and found herself wanting to take away the strangely vacant expression that had overtaken his handsome looks. The thin line of his mouth made her feel anxious, as though she had been the one to put it there. With a reluctance born of uncertainty, the slim girl allowed her smile to fade, her expression to sift to one more genuine, more thoughtful. One blushed hand left her knees, and with the surety of one who had not often experienced rejection, she moved to place over his own. "My name is China, China Rose Lykoi. And I want to know who you are." He had told her he loved her, but they were children yet, heedless of what the word truly meant. Regardless, the connection she felt to him was deep and strange, like snares waiting within murky water for the one with the unwary step.

<style type="text/css">
.china-x01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.china-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.china-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.china-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... /vine3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 20px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread