Off the beaten path
Siku smiled to herself as Nayru laughed; the sound somewhat alien to the former wanderer's ears. After months of lonesome quiet, the little white wolf welcomed any break in the silence. The younger wolf's soft voice was particularly pleasant to her. Golden eyes averted awkwardly as the black and white she-wolf suggested changing form. The arctic wolf wasn't born a luperci, and so, as was expected, she found that it was slightly difficult to simply go back and forth between her shapes. She was getting the hang of it, though, and nodded dumbly as the ruby eyed she-wolf watered the plants.

While Nayru busied herself around the plants, Siku sat near the door as she concentrated on changing form. Last time she had been in her Optime form, it had taken nearly twenty minutes to complete the phase. She hoped it would not be the case, this time. Usually Siku struggled, and tried to speed up the process after giving up on stopping it. An impatient young character, the wolf was at fault for such time consumption. Eyes closed, she took a deep breath, and relaxed her muscles. Didn't think about the pain that was to come, didn't worry about her limbs as they stretched and gained muscle, didn't pay attention to the slightly curled fur that grew into hair on her head. Siku just took deep breaths, enjoying the smell of the plants around her, and waited.

One golden eye snapped open ten minutes later, and then two as Siku glanced down in surprise. That hadn't taken long at all! Siku stood up proudly, stretching her stiff muscles as she yawned. It hadn't even hurt this time. She shook her hair out of her face, and turned to the two toned Dahlian as she grinned widely.

"Yeah, that was weird wasn't it? I've never changed in front of someone before. It's never even been that fast before. To answer your question, I do know a bit about plants. However, most of my knowledge is only useful up in the north. For example, I can make some wicked tea.. But not with these."

Siku gestured to an unfamiliar plant beside her, her white paw delicately holding a leaf up. It didn't even smell right. The white she-wolf found herself missing the smell and taste of the tea she used to make up north, where even in the winter all she had to do was nose around in the deep snow for some surviving roots to boil. Siku assumed the plant beside her was not grown for the fate of boiled water. Despite not knowing what the plant was, she studied it for a moment in interest. Plants were strange little things! Constantly growing up and out of the dirt, alive but not moving. Siku used to fancy that flowers actually had feelings. A vague memory of crying over a ruined garden in her childhood made the white wolf smile, a lopsided grin that made her look as if her mind was quite blank. Sometimes when Siku got tired, her mind would begin to wander, and it was moments like this that she cursed her small attention span.

Head snapping up, the subordinate shook off her thoughts and moved on to the next unfamiliar plant to study. No need for her newest friend to realize what an oddity she was. Even more, anyway.

Messages In This Thread