Off the beaten path
[html]
SSWM: 607

Nayru watched as the woman took her book, clearly glad to have it in her hands. The girl noted the reaction as she found the page for Hemlock and then eyed the corresponding plants. To be honest Nayru would have to admit that the hemlock plant was one of her favorites; she forced it to live even when in the early stages of her gardening it was determined to dry out and die. Yet Liliana had a very similar reaction to Siku, weary of even going near the plant. At Siku’s words Nayru smiled her slight smile, the one devoid of any real warmth but full of a personal humor and shrugged. "There are uses for it." To kill. Assisted suicide perhaps. Or for a more morbid purpose: murder. Yet even if the need arose, Nayru didn’t know how to administer the plant and it would sit useless like the others until she learned how to properly extract the poisons, if she ever did need them.

The pure white wolf with the crooked grin, or seemingly crooked grin due to her broken fang, continued flipping through the books and Nayru smiled more warmly when Siku spoke again. "Yes, that would be great. I can grow anything you bring to me, and if you know which plants are the most helpful than we can collect those." The Jager Fuhrer was glad to see that Siku’s mind worked in a manner to her own. What could benefit Dahlia de Mai? And it was even more evident as the woman continued to speak of herself, staying around Wolfville but not wishing to be a burden. Surely wherever Siku stayed she wouldn’t be a burden, packs were meant to den together even if Nayru defied this instinct and stayed out on her own. Yet rather than saying this she choose to think about Saul, the polite brother of Gideon, and she noted with her sharp and spying eyes that Siku’s mannerism changed when the man’s name came out of her mouth.

" I know Saul, he is very kind and reliable. You would do well to stay with him, if you needed a home. I’m sure he would not offer one if he didn’t truly wish for you to accept." Although she had last seen the boy during Hibernal she heard news of him from Gideon and Saluce, and he had come far from the scrawny, starving creature she had stumbled upon not too long ago. He was helping Saluce with the forge, learning the trade, and even experimenting with the cross bow. He had been kind to Siku and Nayru had never heard a bad word about him. That he was Gideon’s brother and did so well for himself and Dahlia de Mai pleased the patch work girl greatly and even gave her a sense of pride, although she knew his accomplishments were apart from her own or Gideon’s.

" Saul’s siblings all live in this pack. Ascher, Shiloh and Gideon. Perhaps you will meet them soon. Gideon is my closest friend." Why she felt the need to add the last part she wasn’t sure, and although nothing in her voice or face changed it felt good to speak of the man out loud. Yet even if bringing up Gideon had been for her own happiness, it was good to familiarize Siku with the names of some of the other Dahlians, so that if she did come across them she wouldn’t be a complete loss as to their identities. And Siku seemed as if she really wished to stay in Dahlia, so undoubtedly she would eventually meet them all anyway.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread