Dark Days
[html]

In his hunt for prey, he did not notice the sounds of pawsteps right away; however, he stood stock still as he did hear the steady crunch of paws on snow. Cats had incredible hearing, and Element was no different - his ears could pick up the steps of a mouse. But this was no mouse, and that fact was revealed not a moment later as a dark woman emerged from the trees and smiled at him benevolently.

It was a coyote, Element could tell. Her ears were large and her snout was long; despite the large, hulking size of many wolves he'd met, she was smaller and more slender than her canine cousins. Her entire coat was black, and her eyes were a bright, inquisitive yellow. She looked at him with a mixture of curiousity and interest, and Element looked back up with emerald hues. He was about to utter a greeting - this canine didn't seem malevolent in any way, and she seemed quite nice. In any case, she was the same dark sable shade that Element was, and she did, in her own way, look like a cat.

Before the ebony feline could say a word, however, a new coyote emerged. This one was much lighter in color; her fur had a tawny tint that was accented by red eyes and dark hair. The bridge of her nose matched the other coyote's in color, but this canine didn't seem as happy to see him or what smelled like her kin; a scowl adorned her face as she neared the cat and the coyote. She shouted something - is that thing yours? - and Element flattened one ear momentarily.

"There is no need to yell," he said. "Nor point. And no, I am not anyone's - I am my own creature." Element wondered what made this woman so angry - and why on Earth she would call him a 'thing'! The cat had seen canines that had treated him with endearing words before until they'd known he could speak to them, but he'd never had someone insult his intelligence deliberately. He wondered what this coyote's problem was with cats.

<style type="text/css">
.elementdark b {font-weight:normal; color:#49e349; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementdarkooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementdark p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.elementdark {margin:0 auto; width:409px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntdark.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 340px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread