dusk and daylight
[html]

Word Count :: 307 LOOK HOW (RELATIVELY) FAST I AM WITH MY SHORT POOP POSTS

The neatness of the campsite was not lost on the scarred woman, who peered around appreciatively. Without the lingering scent of smoke, it would have been impossible to tell anyone had even remained here. The four-legged woman responded with a truthful statement, and the hybrid nodded her head, a slow grin spilling across her scarred face as well as the stiff-tissue criss-crossing it would allow. She had spent more time alone than she would have liked, and it was a daily regret that she had even departed Inferni in the first place -- she had left so much behind. It had nearly been lost to flame and smoke itself, had Gabriel not taken them across the mountain. It was still an endless source of amusement for the silvery coyote that the rag-tag coyote clan had survived the fire, while the wolf packs had crumbled to pieces.

“Yes. That's Inferni, and I am Kaena Lykoi,” the coyote said. “You're more than far enough away. I was just curious.” There was no defensiveness to her statement, merely truth -- the sable wolf's purpose had required investigation. The hybrid did not see a need to interrogate her, however -- it was clear from the absence of a permanent camp that this was a wolf in transit, and no threat to their borders. “Where are you headed?” the hybrid said, wondering whether the woman was headed in or out of their midst -- the path around Inferni was not an uncommon one for those wishing to enter the peninsula. Sometimes she regretted this choice of territory, as it seemed counter-intuitive to place their borders in the path of wolves if they wished for wolves to avoid their borders. Still, it had been a good move during the Dahlian war, and the scarred Centurion did not wish to relinquish their mountainous terrain.

<style type="text/css">
.kaena-x01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kaena-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kaena-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kaena-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... aenax1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread