[M]Three four Shut the door
[html]

“No!” She gasped when he told her it was his sister that was hurt, her hand clutching tighter on his shoulder to show how truly worried she was. Her eyes scanned the area around them watching for any sign of life, ears carefully listening for others in the area, nose alert. He said no one was with him but she could not trust him on the chance that this was a trap. If there was one thing you learned in End World, it was that a good bout of paranoia was the key to survival.

Still, she didn't detect anyone around. If the boy was telling the truth she had nothing to worry about... yet. Someone could have followed him, though, and with all the noise he was making it wouldn't surprise her if he had been trailed and didn't know. They may have come after him, especially if someone in the pack was hurt. Especially if it was his sister.

Anger flashed in her eyes and she jerked her head away from Denali, pretending to look at her packs until she could control her expression. This nitwit put her in danger! She chewed her bottom lip for only a beat before nodding slowly, still not looking at Denali.

“Yes... yes, we need to help her, right away,” she muttered in a low voice and finally banished the rage from her eyes. Her bloody gaze met Denali's again. “You're sure she's still alive? If she was breathing then there's still time. You're right, the leaves can help her... but I'm out of them.” She lied. The hellion let her words hang in the air, secretly enjoying the moment as it sank in to the boy.

She let it dangle for a second, letting the thought that he could not help his sister permeate, then she turned to her packs and began gathering her things. “But I know where we can harvest some more. Quickly, we have no time to loose. It's about a mile away, that way.” She gestured to Denali. “Why don't you run along up ahead and make sure the coast is clear. I'll be a little slower with all of my backpacks but we'll make good time if you keep any predators at bay.”

What she really needed was Denali away from his pack's lands, distracted and running along ahead while she wiped the slate clean, erasing their paw prints and any sign that the boy had ever come this way.

<style>
.nuki-scaretable .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.nuki-scaretable p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.nuki-scaretable b {color:#a25a5a; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.nuki-scaretable {background-color:#504a57; background-image:url(http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6885/n ... etable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#d2b0a0; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:460px; text-align:justify; padding: 0px 0px 220px 0px; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread