[M] - Lost without you
[html]

wc 663. Let the weird friendship begin. Big Grin

The man had anger fueled beyond her comprehension. This seemed to swell from something she couldn't even begin to grasp. What was going on in this man's head that caused him to flip on the turn of a dime? Was it chance? The dappled Djose woman highly doubted it. This wasn't likely to be a one time thing. With emotions like that... surely this wasn't the first time he had exploded. Maybe it was, she had no clue. Though by the way he spoke she knew he had things to deal with on a deeper level than just losing a necklace. Tala wanted to help him. She would listen, she could take the yelling and the tears. Alaki, that was his name. She wanted to help him. Tala could see the person deep down she wanted to be friends with. Was that strange? After all that had just been said.... she wanted to get to know this stranger.

He called her crazy and Tala just blinked. Well, that was the first time she had ever been called crazy. The words made her smile, laugh lightly even. He had sat down upon the sand as he calmed himself to a reasonable level. This was a nice change. He even smiled. Hallelujah. "I might just be crazy. I like to think of myself as a kind person but who knows. I might just be crazy." She spoke to him with a softer, more relaxed tone than she previously used and let her body sit on a large rock spurting out of the sand like a weed. Tala had no idea what had gone through his head just then. If he had wanted to tear her throat out she never would have known. It didn't bother her to think that he had been that angry he very well could have thought such a thing. She was fine, that was what mattered.

She looked at his bloodied hand again and frowned slightly, that was such a shame. She had nothing with her to help with that and she was disappointed. Hopefully the wounds were not harsh or dangerous. An old necklace was not the first item she would want cutting into her flesh. Lovely. If she had a tail it surely would have been swaying behind her poised seat on the stone. She sat up straight with her hands lightly grasping at the cold surface on either side of her. She watched Alaki like he was telling a story. Sure, she wanted to know what had been bothering the brute but she did not want to upset him again. She would have to do more than flick his nose next time.

Not once had she cursed in return. Tala did not see the need. Why use such language when there was no need? She had been taught better. It was not like a lady to curse like a drunken sailor. For some reason it did not bother her when Alaki continued to curse. For some reason... it suited him.

A hand reached down and began to carve patterns into the sand only to have them topple over each other and meld to nothing. Her amber eyes would glance up from the sand to the male sitting in front of her from short time to time. It was almost like she was checking on him in some way. "You know, you're quite nice when you're not snarling at me like a beast, Alaki. You give off quite the first impression. You are from Anathema, correct? I can smell it on your pelt." It was more of an observation than anything else. She smiled all the while she spoke. Yes, she could see herself quite liking this man if he remained calm. Even though he was large and had snapped at her. She did not feel threatened by him right now.

Whatever it took to see this side of him more often, she would try and help him achieve.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#262626; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread