I'm drunk and so is everyone else
[html]

Word Count → 500 :: I love you.

Eris did not know how to be a mother, truthfully. She could not recall how her own mother had taken care of her; the clearest memories she had before being taken away with Astaroth were quite brief, and they held no useful information for the sable-shaded woman in raising her own children. Larkspur was no better -- he provided for them, certainly, but he did not know anything more than she did on how to raise these children correctly. Other members in the pack had given the occasional snippet of advice, but the coy-wolf had not sought out anyone for their advice in particular -- not only did she not know who to ask, she did not feel comfortable approaching just anyone. And so, she hadn't -- she had kept her children to herself for the first weeks of their lives, talking to them in soothing tones and holding them close. She did not trust anyone other than Larkspur into their family caves, but as they were the only ones living in that particular wing, it was generally quiet.

“Thank you,” the hybrid responded, genuinely surprised and warmed by the compliment. “And thank you again for letting me have them here,” the woman said, a dip of her head toward the ground in respect. There was nothing forced about this gesture from Eris where Naniko was concerned; the pallid wolf had shown herself to be a perfectly competent leader thus far, and she had erected this pack in what seemed to be record time. “I'm only a little disappointed, though -- it feels like I've missed so much being with them in our cave,” the hybrid marveled, half a smile placed on her face. “It didn't take long for Anathema to stop feeling like a new place,” the hybrid said, attempting to compliment the pale-furred woman without seeming like too much of a brown-noser. She did not enjoy such qualities in others, and so she did not wish to present them herself. There was nothing wrong with subtle flattery used to get in someone's good graces, of course -- Eris simply preferred for such tactics to remain subtle.

“Do you mind...?” she asked, dipping her fingers into the springs. Her body had mostly returned to normal, but there was still residual soreness, something she could not quite shake with the children growing as fast as they were. There was little time to relax. “Don't leave my sight,” the woman said to the children, who immediately charged toward the edge of the small clearing. “Hey,” she said sharply as they entered the treeline. All three obediently veered to the side, remaining within her view. The woman's gaze did not waver away from their general direct for a few more moments until she was certain they would listen to her direction. Even then, as she turned back to look at Naniko, hardly thirty seconds passed before she was glancing back to find the children again, keeping an alert watch over their movement.

Out of Character Ending

Eris and Naniko discuss the beliefs of Anathema -- specifically, they focus on the gris-gris and its meaning, history, and current examples. They speak of the pack laws, with Naniko outlining the basics for Eris.

<style>
.sie-blanktext3 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.sie-blanktext3 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.sie-blanktext3 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-blanktext3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sie-blanktext3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-blanktext3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread