Standing on the Edge
[html]

OOC

Sorry for the wait! Ah! Bad post!

IC

The amethyst eyes of the quiet girl watched as Tommy lead the way, and without argument Farore stood up and followed, choosing the path that Tommy took before her. The older woman was right, Farore had traveled so far alone having company, no matter how short a time they were together, would be beneficial. Psychologically a social creature could go alone for only so long, and perhaps Farore had been near to that breaking point. Early in her journey it hadn't bothered her a bit, and now she felt numb to the constant loneliness, but it wasn't a state she wished to permanently be in. Nayru had always been the thought that kept her moving forward, instead of the memory of Din that threatened to drag her backwards.

Tommy was not Nayru, but she was someone and Farore found that climbing down the mountain didn't seem so daunting as it had just moments before. As she had been contemplating the descent, sitting up on the edge of the tiny world below, it seemed almost unimaginable to actually complete her journey. Actually know for sure whether Nayru was down below or still out of reach. Yet with her mind diverted Farore found the fear of failure eluded her. "I don't know much. I'm looking for a pack called Dahlia de Mai. I know the names of a few other packs, but my parents lived in Dahlia de Mai. I think my sister might have gone there." Maybe. Though Nayru wouldn't have known where to go, their parents had never mentioned the pack when Nayru had been around. Still, it was somewhere to start.

Farore found a small path, winding around the jutting boulders that clung to the slopes and her dainty feet followed this closely until it disappeared and she was once more forced to pick and choose what rocks to step on or not. Climbing up was perhaps more tiring, but less dangerous. Every now and then when Farore came to a particularly unstable looking step she paused in her speech, picking it back up when she had found proper footing. "Some of the packs were formed after the fire in the lands we just passed through. My father told me about a coyote clan too, Inferni. He said if I do come this far, it would probably be best to avoid them. When my parents left Inferni and Dahlia de Mai were at war." Were they still? And if they were, was it foolish for the girl to go searching? Rore decided she didn't care, but she was anticipating the words of Tommy, to see how this woman took the information.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread