you can't even cry "at least there's hope"
[html]

........Beppe stared off into the distance as Anderung spoke to his mother. The sun was up, tangled in threads of black smoke, its struggles illuminating the sky with a sanguine light. His eyes lingered on the blackened stretch of land off the side of the mountain, thinking about how all the Canada he had ever known had been strung apart by the cruel, skeletal hands of fate. Though the boy had formed an attachment with the beauty of the lands, he was sure his bond with them was far weaker than the others who may have lived their whole lives in the varied territories. He thought of this for a moment, deep eyes now falling to the stones and weathered mountain at his paws.

........When he heard a familiar voice, his head turned quickly, and when he saw Ari standing there, he turned completely and took a few steps forward, tighter into the circle his friends were forming. He had zoned out when Maria had mentioned the golden boy earlier – his mind must have been away wandering the charred plain – and this was such a pleasant surprise, not only that Ari had escaped, but also that he was here with them. "Ari, you made it." He smiled widely now, greatly relieved by the image of his friend.

........"I suppose we should find a place to eat something and maybe have a nap. I know that I am starving, I do not know about you..." he suggested, raising his eyebrows as he met the eyes of the three wolves that stood around him. Having his closest friends here, less one, gave him a little bit of motivation. "Oh, excuse me–" he said hurriedly when he had realized he had forgotten something quite important. "Ari, to you I present Anderung, Anderung, to you I present Ari." He smiled. The Italian mother seemed to have already met Ari, which made the smile on the boy's face a little warmer. Perhaps, for a while, they could act like they were family, find a little comfort in a time where there wasn't all that much around.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread