you can't even cry "at least there's hope"
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj32 ... /arieb.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding: 20px;">

Ari beamed unsteadily towards his companions as greetings passed around, though he was completely caught off guard when Maria stepped forward to sling her arms around him in an embrace. At first, he stood awkwardly, not used to the motion. He had never been held by his mother — she had found him repulsing and, as he knew now, cursed, and therefore could barely stand the sight of him, let alone the touch — so it was definitely odd. So, this would be how it would be to have a real mother, he thought wistfully, looking briefly to Beppe. He seemed to have it good — Maria was a good mom, and a good wolf. The complete opposite from the mother he had been cursed himself to have.

Beppe said a few instructions — all solid ideas; they would have to find food, shelter, and water as soon as possible in these mountains, or beyond them — and then introduced him to the pink-eyed female that he didn't know. Anderung was her name, and Ari made sure to memorize it. He had a feeling that they would know each other well past this day. "I'm very pleased to meet you, Anderung," he replied, dipping his head in respect for his elder. Ari then flicked his blue gaze toward Maria, the subject of his brother something that might be a bit of a monkey wrench in the operation. "My brother... he doesn't like crowds of strangers. He went ahead to look around, and will join up with me later." Ari knew full good and well it would take hours of prodding and arguing to have Nikolaos even consider staying with them. He had his own mission, and a bull-headed stubborn nature to back it up. "But he'll come."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread