Where'd You Go?
[html]

Sorry if Ralla has to be a little straight-shooter to a little kid in this one >.> Note: Hold your mouse over Ralla's AniWayan speech for the translation (awesome app courtesy of Shaw >:3)

Sakari's concern for her own health was endearing, as she had thought earlier. The laugh had been by reflex and in an attempt to lighten the situation, but Ralla had second thoughts, now, thinking that it might've upset the child more. Ah well, there's always chances with laughter... Sakari described how she had last parted with Hvnii, and it broke Ralla's heart that maybe what was going to happen eventually...had happened. And maybe the child didn't understand, or maybe she did and had just believed that Hvnii would stay with her.

"My duty for today is to tend to the Great Fire since I have been absent for awhile. The other Gata Hineyus are doing fine with their duties for now; I owe my prayers and attentions to the Great Fire." Standing, Ralla scooped her fingers through some of the ash that had fallen around the Great Fire, rubbing her fingers together in the sooty dust. It was too cold yet to wash the ceremonial grounds, and although the immediate sphere around the Great Fire was clean, snow laid heavy on the rest of the stone surface. "I understand," Ralla said as she went a little ways away to scoop some snow into her hands, washing them of the soot before returning. The signs of impending dangerous weather were growing, and Ralla prayed for the Great Fire's protection of their village from whatever threat was coming. "And it's just as well. Something's coming, and we all shouldn't stray too far from our homes for now." She left it at that, omitting the 'dangerous' part lest she scare the child.

Sakari was still on the log when Ralla began to sing low on her breath the prayers of protection and strength to the fire. Hopefully it would heed her call, seeing one of its youngest charges before it and recognizing how precious its warmth was held to them. Watching the little girl's eyes so filled with tears was heart-rendering, and Ralla realized the cruel truth of what happened and that maybe Sakari was still in denial of it or didn't understand. Surely this was something for Chief Dawali--their Kalona and Sakari's relative--to discuss with her, but Chief Dawali was busy, and had Sakari been able to find him first, Ralla wouldn't have doubted the Chief's ability to handle the situation smoothly. Her prayers died down as she stared into the fire, green eyes half-lidded as she steeled her courage to begin. "Sakari?" she asked after a while. "You understand that Hvnii was Meda's Spirit Guide, right? Na nasgi ageyv gesei hla nihi tsatseli?" Ralla lapsed into the native AniWayan, thinking that maybe Sakari would be more comfortable in the original langauge. What different does it make what language I tell her? It's no less upsetting. Her eyes stared further into the red and dim blue at the bottom of the Great Fire, where its power was greatest, as she hid her face in respectful condolence for Sakari. "Sakari... Aquadanta uyo ayelvdi, aseno... Hvnii gesvi hla dagalutsi gasohi..."

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread