Where'd You Go?
[html]

Sakari's cute <3

"A bad storm," she said simply. She had been receiving those tell-tale signs and was suspicious of its arrival, but just the same... "Just remember to stay close to home."

Ralla listened to the little girl, happy that she was speaking more, even if she still looked so sad. A 'beautiful bird', huh? How Ralla would love to have a Spirit Guide like that. Birds were so versatile in meaning; different species had different meanings, different flight patterns and positionings were the same. But the most common and most treasured aspect of the avians was that they could fly away. Sakari's words struck deep in Ralla when she asked where her own guide was. Ralla's face dropped a little--the smile remaining but losing its luster--as she answered. "The Great Spirits haven't granted me one yet. I think it's because I have unfinished business with my previous pack. I'm leaving soon, but I'll return as soon as I can. Maybe then the Great Spirits will deem me worthy." That was the reason that Ralla hung onto. Even if she was devoted and believed in her tribe, even if she had become an AniWayan, she supposed that she needed that final closure with her father to assert it. She could only assume that it was an impurity that blocked a Spirit Guide from connecting to her heart, and that it would be remedied once she faced herself.

"Oh, Sakari," Ralla sighed, not with pity or frustration, but with sympathy and understanding, "sometimes creatures--even Spirit Guides--can't do that. Sometimes they don't have a choice; they're called away and can't refuse. Sometimes they might think it better; like they'll leave a smaller emptiness behind if they don't say anything." All of this she could say from pure experience, because Ralla had been the same case. She had run away from the Crescent Moon Pack without a word because she had been afraid she would be stopped, or that she would break down and be unable to follow through on her decision. "And sometimes it's because they might be afraid... But Sakari, I can bet you that she wasn't afraid; it was just Hvnii's time." It was sad that a child had to deal with not one, but two separations. Such grief...but the little one was so mature about it as well; her parents must've been proud of her, wherever they were. She didn't think Chief Dawali was her father, but still...the possibility remained. "The spirits that surround and control nature have their own design for us; what they do is not for us to decide. You understand this, right?" She sat next to the small pup and tried a sympathetic smile. "Hey, how much do you like stories? Cause if you like them, I have a nice one for you."

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread