revel in the frailty of greatness
[html]

It had been a long journey. Finding everyone had been a relief, but they had had to disperse soon enough. She had remained with what was left of the pack for as long as was possible, but after the days that had followed the fire, many had parted ways and sought new homes. Fatin had departed with much of her family in tow to start a new pack. A new life, without her. In many ways, this saddened Tayui. She had known Fatin for many winters, and it would be strange losing someone who was such an important friend. Now that they had settled their differences - petty as they had been - they had been able to see eye to eye. Hopefully that would continue in the future.

She was resolute. She would start a pack of her own, one of her own. Rather than inheriting a pack after working her way up through the ranks, perhaps she would be one to found the great packs of the new land. Although much had changed, she would keep something of the name from the past pack: jade, jaded, shadows, or shadowed. She would inherit that much, the memory of the old pack. This new pack would be one of memories and learning. She would start a pack for wolves that wanted to learn about their past and the humans past, too. A pack where they could learn together and understand material the humans once had read, educate themselves with old human languages. It would be a pack of knowledge, and someday, wisdom.

With this in mind, she tipped her muzzle to the sky, letting out a long howl. "This is Tayui," she said. "I am starting a pack for those who wish to learn and gain knowledge. I need members and another leader." She paused. "I am waiting."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread