revel in the frailty of greatness
[html]

No worries, I've got a midterm tomorrow, so I've been posting at school on my lunch mostly, so I hear you! And Pilot should suggest the idea of co-ranks based on talents and jobs, perhaps? Big Grin

Tayui returned the smile to her friend, supremely glad she had Pilot to count on. She tightened her lips, trying not to giggle as his eyes lit up and his grin grew. He looked just as relieved and happy as she was! This was a wonderful development - she never thought she would have the opportunity to lead a pack with Pilot of all people. He was capable, for sure, and a wonderful teacher. Her excitement began to grow, and all she could do was nod at his words.

"I've looked around a bit, but I have not explored much yet. We should not need too much land as of now - I don't think too many will hear our call, for so much is in disarray. We can start small and continue exploring, I think." She paused, pondering the many thoughts she had regarding the establishment of the pack. "What would you think of implementing a new rank system? I was reading a lot on human civilizations, and the ancient Greeks had a fascinating culture, particularly the Spartan culture. The irony of the ranks, for they were implemented to prevent change, and their system contradicts ours, so it could be something of... a silly little joke between those who know it?" She laughed, feeling a little silly for implementing it. "But the Spartan polis was completely self-sufficient, and the idea of the polis, a community of humans that was small enough to know one another, sounded a lot like a pack... What do you think?" She glanced away, unsure if Pilot would approve of such a system, so riddled with history, truth, success, failure, and ironic contradictions. But it seemed to suit them: to discover the true meaning of their rank system, one would have to research, and that was exactly what the pack was designed to get wolves to do. To think for themselves and expand their knowledge.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread