Refugees on the mountain
[html]
I feel irrational, so confrontational
This one was interesting.

A were, not that Zexion was unacquainted with weres. Fleeing the fire, but everyone with two brain cells was getting out of that hellmouth. No, he was intriguing because he was carrying someone else. Who expended energy to carry someone who couldn't walk? But, he didn't look like an idiot. He didn't act like one, either. And hence, he was interesting.

Because he was doing something Zexion never would, but Zexion couldn't logically say he wasn't intelligent. Yet.

Zexion snorted. Perhaps he was stupid, carrying his friend along and then leaving him behind to fend for himself. Even with ash up his nose Zexion could tell something was wrong with the injured wolf. If you went to the trouble of carrying a fallen ally, why leave him behind to be eaten by a passing bear? The fire had sent dozens of the damnable things heading his way, tromping through his stalking grounds with their injured bawling.

Zexion padded onto the trail, his tail twitching as he gave the were's back a critical eye. As he turned to head the opposite direction, towards the source of the recent migration and presumably farther away from the invaders, the were let loose an abominably loud howl. How cliche. How primitive. He cast the were a razor-sharp glare, and said, "What are you all doing here, anyway?"
But the reality is I'm getting away with murder[/html]

Mm. This was awkward to write. I like first person better now D=

Messages In This Thread