I slit the throat of your confidence
+3
[html]

It seemed as if the knock reverberated in his head long after it had really ceased, and the mansion was full of nothing but silence. Really, there were plenty of things to be heard if one were to listen – the groaning of the wood as the wind began to pick up outside, the soft patter of footsteps – but it seemed as if the Russian could only focus on the sound of his own beating heart and the ghostly echo of the hollow knock on Halo’s door. He titled his head downward, the crown of black falling to obscure the pale blue of his eyes. Even before the soft voice of Gabriel’s daughter came to reaffirm the truth, Silas was convinced Halo was absent.

Lifting his head, the black shuffling over the familiar blue of the bandana tied there, icy blue came in contact with fiery crimson. Silas had come to find comfort in the color after long months of living alongside the girl he had known to be the princess of Inferni. And now he was confronted by it again, and yet it was not the same crimson his heart yearned for. He knew who the girl was, for she had come and gone from the clan several times during Silas’ stay within the borders. However, he had never actually had a true conversation with the girl, so this was unusual for him.

"No, I guess not," he replied, his voice somewhat thick with his Russian accent from not having spoken in awhile. He looked back to the door again, a searching look in his eyes, before he turned back to the Tirones. "Your name ees Taleetha, ya?" The boy bent to set the blanket on the floor in front of the door, before he rose to his full height again. At least Halo would get the blanket one way or another, even if the Russian wasn’t lucky enough to see her in the process. "I don’t zhink we ‘ave spoken before."

table by kahilli
<style>
.silas-kahilli p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.silas-kahilli b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.silas-kahilli {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#265B6C; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#97C3D1; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #8FB4BF; background-image:url(http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... lastop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:265px; text-align:justify; }
.silas-kahilli-credit {width:400px; font-size:9px; font-family:georgia; style:italics; text-align:right; }</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread