a magician and a heritic
[html]

There was God, and then there were demons and spirits of the earth. Ezekiel knew many names for these, and recognized that the faith of the odd hybrids he had stayed with were not all that different than his own. He still placed God the Father first, but knew that he had made demons as well as earthly things, and that they were equally powerful. If he offended one spirit, it would open a hole for something evil. After fighting Corvus as a boy, a wolf he knew now to be a true demon, he was lucky to have survived. He had no desire to see such another beast.

“Everything has a spirit,” he explained, realizing it was a broad concept. He said nothing to her comment at the bird, which made a point to pull out the second eye messily. Marlowe cawed loudly, insulting her in his eloquent way, but he spoke in low-speech as to not offend her. The bronze coyote shot him a look, but said nothing on the matter. “Oh I couldn’t eat a whole deer if I tried,” he went on, unfolding the hide. He piled the organs and cut off meat onto it, taking several more minutes to cut away more sections. “Besides, I’m going to be making a lot of food.” It would be easier than hunting daily, but he did not mention this. After his last conversation with her, he was now more conscious of what he said.

<style type="text/css">
.ezekiel-x01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ezekiel-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.ezekiel-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ezekiel-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... ekiel1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 20px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread