The Pain of the Innocent
[html]

Word Count → 430

In truth, the silvery woman would not have allowed the youth to simply wander away from Inferni; she would have picked him up and carried him to her own cave regardless of his protests. Still, there was something to be said for at least giving the illusion that there was a choice in the matter -- the poor pup had obviously had a rough time of it, and the coy-wolf wished to make things as easy as possible for the youth. If she could at least create the illusion that he had made a good choice for himself, it might do him some good. The hybrid smiled through her own scars at his excitement, nodding her head. “Good. I've raised many children. I'll take good care of you,” she promised, meaning it through and through.

“Oh, of course not,” the coyote said, wrinkling her nose at the child's biological mother's choice of name. “Unwanted is not a very good name, it does not fit you.” She said this as gently as possible so as not to upset the poor youth; she did not mean to say his name was bad. Even if he did not like it or want it anymore, it had done its purpose for a short time. “Well, my name is Kaena Lykoi. You can have my last name so people will know you are mine,” the hybrid said awkwardly. She knew what adoption was, but she had never done such a thing herself. Faolin, though having the Mogotsi surname, shared blood with Hybrid and was not actually related to Segodi, Tedros, or Nyika, any of the Mogotsis she remembered. Vieira had not shared blood with her or any other Lykoi. She wanted others to know this child was hers, however. She would raise him carefully and she would raise him right, and he would turn out whole and good and even-minded, not like Itachi.

The youth sprang forward with a suddenness that surprised the hybrid, and retrieved a mouse from the grass. “You should eat it. You need to eat,” she instructed him. It would have made a good snack, but the coyote woman was not so selfish as to put her own stomach before his. “Do you like the name Makhesthai?” she asked, wondering if it would suit him. She did not know where this word came from -- it was one of the old ones, the ones in a language she did not speak. Perhaps it was the very same dead language from which Inferni's ranks were carved; the coyote woman could not say.

<style>
.sie-blanktext3 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.sie-blanktext3 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.sie-blanktext3 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-blanktext3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sie-blanktext3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-blanktext3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread