The Pain of the Innocent
[html]

<3

The hybrid woman smiled as the caramel-shaded youth excitedly spoke of her other children. “Most of them are much older than you. But some of my grandchildren might play with you? China, Sage, and Clover are all very nice,” she said, speaking softly to the youth. She frowned at his statements, leaning forward to nuzzle him with her scarred muzzle. “My mama did the same thing,” she whispered to him. “I had three sisters, and I don't have anyone but my children and their children anymore,” the coyote said, alluding to the fact that everyone she had ever known as a child was dead -- mother, father, sisters, half-brother, step-mother. Anyone else who she might have known was long-dead of old age or worse, she suspected -- few had the longevity to live as long as she and Kesho seemed to. “That just means we're stronger than our siblings,” the hybrid said, confirming to the youth what he already suspected.

The coyote leaned back and away from him, smiling at his attempts to pronounce her name. “You got it,” she said, punctuating the sentence with a smile.. “Yes, you'll be a Lykoi. There are many of us,” the coyote said. She did not know this youth, but she knew that he was hers -- even without her blood, she would raise him and he would be a testament to her good intentions, unlike Itachi. Makhesthai would be her darling, and she would guard him from whatever vileness had seeped into Itachi. Had she known the truth of his bloodline, it would have made sense. “Maki for short?” she suggested. Longer names deserved nicknames, and Maki was just adorable.

<style type="text/css">
.kaena-x01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kaena-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kaena-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kaena-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... aenax1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread