Chasing Flight
Quote:(ooc~ Weather conditions are similar to when i wrote this here in Kentuckey. lol : Winter, but little snow on ground, lots of ice though, and bloody cold; there is little snow fall and the time is early afternoon. Also about the hawk she's chasing, it's real, its just not important at the moment, to learn more read her detailed profile : Link ((If I should change anything, just tell me Smile )) )

She stood and stared at her hazed reflection against the slightly frozen stream, her image stared back at her as she considered her situation. She had been alone for a while now, and had no idea of where she was going. She lifted her head from her reflection on the frozen surface; her eyes gazed up at the sky and narrowed as if she could see past the sky and into space. Birds flew overhead; her concentration on the sky broke to watch as the small little songbirds flew over her. She sighed and lowered her gaze as she turned to walk away from the small stream.

What am I going to do? Her mind wondered to this thought as she walked. Where am I going?

She strolled within the dampwoods, her mind keeping to these thoughts as she stepped over a fallen tree. What was she to do when she had no destination? She had been lost since their deaths; the deaths of those few who had seem to give reason and guidance to her. Now, all she could seem to do was wonder aimlessly and hope that someone would see her and investigate the peculiar lone wolf.

The echoing of strong wings beating reached the ears of the lone wolf; she froze to the sound and reached her gaze up to the sky once more. It flew high above her, passing her with its swift flight. She stood frozen by the image of the hawk in the sky, and could feel her heartbeat begin to race as the predator bird raced a head of her. Her body moved with out command and this she wolf found herself running beneath the graceful flight of the hawk.

She bounded over rocks and stumps, and zigzagged around tall pine trees just so she could stay in sight of the hawk. She ran as if she flew, following the winged creature in the sky, but it was faster and soon in was no longer in her sight. She staggered to a stop, her hind right paw began to protest with the abusiveness it had been given. It still ached from when she twisted it, and limited her movements to a slow but steady walk.

She whined in agony, and reached her tongue to gently lap at her now bleeding paw pads.

I’m a fool to think I can do this by myself, she thought as she placed her sore paw gently back on the ground. She limped forward, her eyes stared up to where once a red-tailed hawk flew, and she sighed. Bloody bird…

Messages In This Thread