[M] I want to believe
[html]

--

While his son’s obvious disturbance was seen, Larkspur’s attention was pulled to his pale daughter. Not far behind her the timber-shaded girl frowned, as if she too found the story upsetting. Their mother answered her, to which the dark wolf nodded. Names carried power—no child should bear the weight of such a thing. Larkspur, especially, could not give them such a thing. He was not a holy man like his aunt-mother.

The green eyed she-wolf went on, explaining what powers she knew, what powers they might have. One of Larkspur’s ears twitched as the voice of the can tah whispered. He knew that one day they might be chosen for such an object, but the little gods, much like the big ones, did not come without a price. A noise from outside was followed by the arrival of their leader. Despite her bad blood, he begrudgingly followed her because this was the only place for his family to live. And unlike Conor, her co-leader had proven to be decisive and strong. That at least gave him some hope.

A white paw gestured to a clear area, inviting her to sit. Salvia’s orange eyes followed the newcomer sharply, without a trace of fear. She was a bold girl, one without the childish fears he had expected to see in the trio. “Th’ names of gods ain’t meant t’be taken lightly,” he warned. “When y’speak ‘em y’give ‘em power.” He had heard stories of Tak assuming mortal form and slaughtering kin with the wolf he controlled. It was a frightening idea to him. “If, like yer momma said, you have gifts we’ll find that out when yer older. I can’t see like she does, but I was touched by a god—and I was sent here t’bring them back.” He looked pointedly at Naniko. She was not educated in her families faith, but he had full intentions of making them understand everything.

<style type="text/css">
.larkword b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.larkword .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.larkword p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.larkword {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... rans-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.6px; text-align:justify;}
.larkword .padding {margin:0px 50px 0px 50px;}
.larkword .separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread