[M] I want to believe
[html]

Thank you for PPing her for me <33 Close soon.

Things went from being peaceful and nice to something darker and more twisted in an instant. She had been enjoying watching the pups learn from their parents, watching Larkspur and Eris working on their pack duties at the same time. They were good pack members, and she was glad to have them and their small family in Anathema.

Harlowe's arrival took her by surprise, and Larkspur's actions were quick. She had no time to react or say anything to Harlowe before he went toward the children. From his scent she could tell that there was something wrong with him; some illness had overtaken him. He made to attack the pups and she moved to defend them. Larkspur got to Harlowe before she could, though.

Everything happened so quickly that it seemed only a breath or two later that everything was over, the boy laying broken on the cave floor, blood covering Larkspur and pooling from the still-warm corpse. She'd had suspicions that Harlowe had been behind a few things, that he had been the one to push Scorpius into the fire...Naniko's breath came in gasps as the realization hit her that he was dead, however, and she sank down to her knees next to the lifeless boy.

"Larkspur..thank you. I..don't even. I believe now that he tried to kill Scorpius. The pup said that Harlowe had been with him when he had been pushed into the fire...but when I got there, Harlowe was nowhere to be found. He was crazy..." Yet as she spoke, emotion overtook her. She had regained her son when she had come back to the lands, only to lose him once more.

She had no idea what to do with his body. "I am sorry that your pups had to witness this." She said, her eyes never leaving the still form of her son. "I don't know what to do...with his body" It was her fault, somehow, that the boy had become corrupted. Why had she not taken care of this problem sooner?

Word Count →

<style>
.nani-t98 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.nani-t98 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.nani-t98 .wordcount {color:#591000; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #591000; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.nani-t98 b {color:#591000; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.nani-t98 {background-color:#D6B172; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011feb/nanipill.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B0500; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:160px 0px 10px 0px; }
.nani-t98-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread