You were, you were beautiful
[html]

Sneak-derp in here too >.> My goodness, all my posts seem to be sappy lately T-T

It was tragedy that followed relief.

Just earlier that day Ralla had found Kemo and Sugar safe from the blizzard that had ravaged the land. For a moment, she had thought that the Great Fire's dying embers from the day before had lasted long enough to extend its protection to all in AniWaya. But she had been too late in reviving it, it seemed. Theodoric... She had met him once with Pepper, and he had been amiable and kind. His weaving had been artistic and passionate, and now, in the red boat in Adagio Creek, laid a tribemate. Her head was downcast and small tears pricked her eyes, even as she blinked them tightly to keep the water from spilling over. No matter that he was not an intimate friend; he was family.

She stood back, silent, not wanting to disrespect any ritual that Chief Dawali was performing for their lost family. Behind their chief was Nayati, who placed a Dream-Catcher in the boat with Theodoric after the ember from the reincarnated Great Fire. She had no material possession--since the ceremony had been a complete surprise to her--but she had words. Following at a distance from the white warrior, switching places with him, she knelt by the serene face of Theodoric and, leaning in close to his ear, whispered to him a story so low that it may've sounded like hushed gibberish to anyone else. It was short, but it was something to give Theodoric a little bit of herself, and she hoped that Theodoric's spirit would hear it as he travelled to hunt with the Great Spirits and ancestors. Did you know, Theodoric? I've seen a lot of weaving done, but when I saw your work, it was like magic. I saw a green tapestry you had, and thought 'It's like spring'. And now you're going to go there, Theo; it's always spring there. There'll be singing birds and cool water and lush grass. And you'll never be alone. We'll be there soon, too, you know. We'll miss you till then, but you just have to wait. But you won't mind; spring is there. And you'll keep on weaving spring into those blankets, won't you? "Wakan Tankan Nici Un," she said. Standing, Ralla returned to her spot, the tears having tumbled over. She was silent from then on.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread