If it has made you colder
[html]

Well, then I feel inclined to let you know that ilu2! :] Also, no worries. It was kind of ambiguous with her descending down the mountain.

Although she was not moving very quickly already, all movements stopped once the coyote moved closer. She hoped she had not set him off with her last comment. It hadn’t been disrespectful; though, she could see how he would take offense to her correcting him. She didn’t know the mannerisms of the coyotes here and still was rather wary of Kaena and Gabriel especially. She didn’t know enough about either of them to trust that they would be on her side. She didn’t know them well enough to say anything for certain really.

She nodded when he repeated Kaena’s name. She said nothing in response, not wanting to say something she would regret. When he spoke again, she was surprised: she didn’t expect that he would pick out those details from the others she had mentioned. Wasn’t he curious how he knew Kaena? Or why she had thought it necessary to visit the matriarch at such an ungodly hour? She supposed wondering why he did not ask these questions was less important than answering the ones at hand, and so she turned her attention to more useful matters.

“Tayui Aston. By the time I got here, I realized all I needed was a walk. I don’t need to go bothering leaders of other clans at midnight after all,” she replied evenly. “It was a little selfish of me to think of it in the first place.” She shrugged and took a chance: “But now that I'm here... well, I never used to be an insomniac. It's hard to sleep. I've got too much energy.” She shook her head quickly and then tilted her head and offered a strange, bittersweet smile.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread