If it has made you colder
[html]

<3 inner turmoil! (461)

Tayui was quiet as Kesho considered her words. She did not want to interrupt his thoughts, since she – of anyone – would know how important it was to develop one’s thoughts. She had spent the first two years of her life daydreaming and thinking, so she could appreciate when another needed to do the same. She’d never judge anyone for spending too much time with their head in the clouds since she had been that wolf only a few short years ago. Even as he pondered, she tried to guess at what he was thinking. He had a very blank and neutral expression, so she wasn’t quite sure how to take it. She just hoped he did not take it the wrong way or take it poorly – she didn’t want to be making enemies with Inferni coyotes in the middle of the night.

She raised her brows when he began to speak and leaned in closer to hear his quiet response. It was halting at first, but soon he found his words. Tayui frowned when he revealed that everything she had said contrasted what he knew. She hoped she had not shocked him too terribly; while she had not thought he would be one of the ignorant fools she so horribly bemoaned, she supposed it was certainly possible. She realized she had not been careful enough with her words: she had assumed that since he had asked, he would understand. She hadn’t even considered the possibility that she might not think the same way Gabriel, Kaena, or she thought.

“I don’t think you need to go,” she replied quickly. “If you’re doubting yourself, know that you asked me first. You’ve already tried to learn more and that’s quite noble. I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings; it certainly wasn’t my intention. They were just some observations I’ve made over the years.” She did hope her words would sooth the wounds she had created. She just didn’t want to make an enemy out of this battle-worn coyote.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread