If it has made you colder
[html]

No worries! Smile This thread has been progressing at a nice speed so it's fiiine. <3 (421)

Tayui felt her ear twitch when Kesho chuckled and was surprised he was taking this so well. She had been incredibly forthright about how the rest of the wolves felt about Inferni, so she was surprised he hadn’t demanded she leave for her insolence, or whatever they used for reasons to make someone leave. Though, in the end, since she was so close to Inferni’s borders any request for her to leave was logical. But still, he entertained her questions and Tayui felt a great deal of gratitude for this. Even as an insomniac, Tayui’s curiosity was insatiable.

She laughed quietly in response when he admitted he too had thought the stars all looked alike as well. They all had to start off somewhere, she supposed. She glanced over to Kesho when he cleared his throat, expecting a longer explanation on how to tell the stars apart. When it didn’t come, Tayui gave him a questioning look, but said nothing. After a few moments and a tilt of his head, Kesho spoke again: I suppose when you’re alone, the stars are better friends to have than none.

Tayui was silent. She was a little shocked for a moment and couldn’t think of any way to reply. She certainly hadn’t expected an admission like that, but she recognized that she couldn’t laugh at his honesty. In fact, she could appreciate it very well.

“You’re right,” she agreed. “When I was younger, the sky was my best friend. I suppose I’d forgotten about it in my age, but they’re always there waiting for you to come back.” The eternal mourning lover. “It’s rather romantic. From the Romantic Era, that is. After humans learned how to control their environments with machines, they tried to do the same with art, and well… everything. And the Romantic Era was kind of a rebuttal against that. Why rationalize everything when you don’t need to? It’s fine just to enjoy it. Kind of like this.” She snuck a small smile at the coyote in the hopes that she hadn’t scared him off. She knew a lot of canines resented the humans for the destruction they’d caused and Tayui certainly knew first-hand of it. Only a few years after they’d built their water walls in Quebec, the trees had died and the fish weren’t good to eat. Her family had lived just east of those massive water blockades and heard about – or experienced – many of the terrors living near them. She just hoped Kesho wouldn’t mind her little aside.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread