from dream to dream
[html]
3+

It was clear that the little Dahlian princess didn't believe the Infernian's wild tale about the ocean as a gateway to the world. In fact, she spurted out that Talitha was crazy. The maturing coyote laughed, shaking her head from side to side and tossing russet curls back and forth. The conversation was light and enjoyable, until the natural curiosity of any puppy reached the mind of the one before her. "Why did you come here, you don't live here do you?" The Lykoi's crimson eyes turned toward the earth in silence. Why was always a good question. What had taken her from the internal warmth that Inferni brought her? And why had she sought comfort in the shores of Dahlia de Mai? A subtle smile worked its way across her features. "No, I don't live here. I live up north," she explained, turning so slightly to point in the direction of Inferni's shores and forest. The coymutt assumed that little Eclipse was far too young to understand what Inferni was, or that Inferni and Dahlia de Mai were not friends, and it left her feeling safe to talk honestly with the child. There was no fear of rejection.

"Bet you tried to jump in that water, huh?" A laugh escaped the russet fae. "Well, it was much warmer when I was here last. There was no snow, and the water was quite nice." July. Years ago, in July, she had been standing on the warm sands of Whisper Beach, watching the waves crash against the shore and the stars twinkle overhead. So long ago, back when she was still young and still whole. Time had ticked away since then, and she knew that she was far from the youthful shell she had started at. Even if she couldn't remember a childhood with her mother and her father, she knew that once she had been happy and that now she was not. "I didn't come here to swim, though," she admitted, looking past the cinnamon blob of adorable fur. She had come for some undefined reason that circled around her own needs for resolution that would never come.

Instead of dwelling on her own sorrow, she looked to the puppy and hoped to banish her morose thoughts. "And why did you come here? Where are your parents?" she asked. It was all she needed, to be found by adults of the filthy wolf pack while talking to their child.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread