I came to see the edge of the world.
No worries! <3 I just wasn't sure if you'd read it or were interested. Thanks for replying ^_^ (434)

[html]Tayui Aston & Hybrid Holocaust

Snarling – from both Tayui and her male attacker – drowned out every nearby sound. All she could hear was her own anguished, laboured breathing as she struggled to push the barbaric coyote off of her. However, for a split second, she felt his grip change. She wasn’t sure why, but whatever the reason, it gave her enough time to pull away and dislodge one of his laws from her shoulder. Suddenly, there was more noise and there was another body. In a few moments, the heavy weight of the coyote was almost entirely off her back and Tayui stumbled to the ground.

She turned to see another wolf engaged with the coyote now. The coyote looked like he had just been ripped from Tayui’s back by the monstrous wolf. He was massive! Tayui turned quickly, trying to ignore the blood that was now seeping out of the wound on her shoulder.

She saw the coyote tumble down from the force of the other wolf’s attack and the wolf (whoever he was) moved back and issued an ultimatum. The coyote did not seem to happy about it and he snarled in response, first to the unknown wolf and then to Tayui.

“For now,” the coyote responded with a widening grin. Tayui took a step back, her own eyes wide. “My name is Hybrid Holocaust. One day, I will kill you.” The coyote’s grin seemed to widen somehow as he took a step back. One, two, three, and then another. The coyote looked from the other wolf to Tayui and then back again. Tayui suspected that even though she didn’t have much skill in fighting, two against one were not good odds. The breeze shifted and the coyote perked up his nose and then turned and left. Tayui chuckled as he began to leave, quietly at first, and then louder. They were so close to Anathema – that must have been it! He had chased her all the way to her own territory. And they all knew that with a single howl, they could bring the entire pack down to the mountainside.

Soon, Tayui’s chuckles turned to coughs. She winced as pain shot through her haunch and her shoulders. She glanced over to the other wolf, whom she now recognized as one of the wolves at the meeting with the rest of Anathema in the caves. She chuckled once more, again, a bittersweet sound of pain and pleasure, before she took a step forward to thank him.

“You saved me,” she stated. “Thank you.” She closed her eyes as she felt her legs tremble. “I need a medic.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread