It burns and it shrieks; My flesh I will peel back
[html]

She didn't respond to his final words before allowing herself to be taken into the cool air, staring out at the Saltbrooke Inlet in silence. In truth, she merely mulled over everything she had heard and everything she had believed. This young boy claimed lineage that was not rightfully his, as she often claimed names that did not belong to her, and yet she did not feel malice toward him. Instead, she felt pity. Not because of his cruel mother, but because her family seemed like a luxury — her family was far from that. Faolin's red eyes watched the waters, full of melancholy and hatred and sorrow, and Talitha's mind twisted around ideas that she could pass on to the child before it was too late. As they came close to the beach, the silence had turned stale.

"The world does not close off because of scars; the world does not close off because of cruel parents. We all make choices in this life, and though only God can judge us, mortals feel they have that right. The world will only close if you make the wrong choices. There will be people who hate you simply for what you are and who you are, and this family is not a saving grace." It was blunt, but it was true. If all who wore the Lykoi name were suddenly exempt from justice or morality, Andrezej would have killed her instead of being killed himself. "If you shame us, I promise you will die. I have seen that much in the world, in this family. It does not save you from us." Us. The only time she felt truly close to the Lykoi name was when she spoke of it herself.

<style>
.ns01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}
.ns01-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left;}
.ns01 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.ns01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread