The dance of the dead
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.maritlala {padding:15px; line-height:1.3em;}
.maritlala p {font-family:geneva, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size:1em;}
.maritlala b {font-family:tahoma;}
</style>

Random spare time allows me to post!

All pain in his leg was diminished as he focused on the children. They rewarded him more than they knew, simply by being themselves. It was fascinating to observe their reaction to his tale. Ayasha asked questions quickly, and they were not unexpected. She was of the age when details like the ones she asked about first mattered a lot, a lot! "It was a tradition to collect acorns in that moon, for food and for feasting!" The other questions seemed much harder to reply to, however. "I don't know why the dead return. Perhaps they come to watch us while we live our lives, to see if we live them honorably and justly?" Perhaps. "It could be they just long for being alive again, too. Maybe that is why they dance?" He wasn't very helpful, and only gave her more questions. To her last seconds, the male shrugged and shook his head apologetically. "I don't know, Ayasha dear. Maybe they can't show themselves to us? I think maybe they sound just like we do, since the wolf could recognize their voices in the story. If they sounded all differently, he probably couldn't have known it was them!"

Sakara asked a question, Ayasha's next one mirrored it in content, and Dawali smiled thoughtfully for a moment before he answered them. His priest training touched on these subjects, but who was to say how it was all really connected? "Spirit guides are powerful creatures," he said, glancing to the window where he thought Gvihita was eavesdropping, and then to Sakari. "They know more than they let on, I think. I wouldn't put it past them to have that ability. Perhaps sometimes Hvnii visits to check on you?" Some spirit guides returned to guide the children or grandchildren of the one they had led before - it wasn't unlikely that Hvnii could check up on Sakari's wellbeing if she wanted to. "Perhaps Meda dances, along with your mother, Ayasha, by the Great Fire when we are all asleep. Perhaps Theodoric dances with them, too." They had perhaps not met Theodoric, but both had attended his burial ceremony. He left Noir a silent thought: the children had not known of her, so it was a pointless mention.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread