I Will Always Return
[html]

OH GOD, SAPHRINA! <:O Kemo! Get the blankets! X<

She smiled at Kemo's approach. He always seemed so cheerful and sure of himself, never really complaining about the situations he was placed in or about others. For this she was grateful, mostly because her own hands were tied in a thousand different directions. His were, too, since he had graciously helped to rebuild AniWaya, even though it had not been long nor had it been his home for more than a few weeks. It would do them both good if she told him so, every so often, how much she appreciated his patience. She said as much as he came to embrace her, the action having no less an effect of pleasant embarassment to her nerves.

"Very. Ayasha and Saphrina worry me more, as well as the fire. I trust J'adore with the fire, but coupled with the children..." As if on cue, the panting of breath was heard, filling the air, and making Ralla veer her head around to see its source. Very soon a very drenched, very pathetic-looking pup was at her feet, looking up at her through her good eye and whining pitifully. Ralla's stomach dropped about three feet when she saw Saphrina in such a state, comelling her to drop from Kemo's arms to take Saphrina in her arms, standing to face Kemo and get as much body heat to the girl as possible without crushing her. "Saphrina! What were you thinking playing over there!?" She looked up to Kemo, and, although he couldn't see, she used one arm to take his hand and lead her to the Town Hall where it was warm and safe. She was angry at the pup, although she really couldn't be because she was a pup. Instead she was scornful, although she didn't say much as she merely weant about doing what was necessary.

Plopping Saphrina squarely on her usual cot next to Kemo, she pleaded with him to sit still as she weant about frantically. Being so small, Saphrina was so prone to sickness and cold; what had possessed her to be near such a cold place in the dead of winter? But perhaps that wasn't her fault; she maybe hadn't known before about just how could the water could be. At the very least she knew after the fact, which would hopefully teach her to be more careful. Such life experiences were important. Ralla found a whole mound of blankets that she wrapped around the pup, making her look more like a hill with eyes, and rubbed gently but firmly. Upon closer inspection--which relieved Ralla immensly--the clumps of fur that had flown off earlier were just from the areas around the scar tissue; normal, since her fur was trying to grow around the maimed flesh, but hurried along from the shock of water. "Is that better, Saphrina?" For a longer time she spent trying to warm the child up, the hearth fire glowing within the insulated building. "I'm sorry about that, Kemo. Saphrina needed help quickly, and I feel like I should find Chief Dawali, since I don't know medicine..." The ramble went on, enduced by the surprise scare. Mayhap Ralla had overreacted and was still doing so, but she didn't want to take any chances and leave Saphrina in such a state. But...we have to... That course of thought was a running train that kept going; moral versus ethical, emotions versus logic, etc.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread